Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Need Help] Jailbreaking+Unlocking iPhone 4

Default [Need Help] Jailbreaking+Unlocking iPhone 4
    Hey everyone,

I just got an iPhone 4, brand new which comes with iOS 4.0.2
    I tried f0recast to see if i was able to jailbreak it and also unlock it but at the button it says "Waiting for iDevice", dunno what that means.

Here it is:

anyways, is there anyways of jailbreaking this device and unlock it ?
    thank

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

you cant Jailbreak 4.0.2. wait for the 4.1 jailbreak which should be released soon.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

since apple has already released the 4.2 beta I would imagine the jailbreak will not be released until 4.2 is released, if the jailbreak is released before 4.2 then apple can close it before releasing, just my thoughts on it so don't read too much into it
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-09-16 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

This new jailbreak is using a bootrom exploit though so it will be much harder for Apple to close .They wont be able to do it with a simple software update, it will take a hardware revision to close this exploit so it still could come out before 4.2. I believe it will come out when it is ready, regardless of whether or not that is before or after 4.2 is released publicly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (2010-09-17)

Thanks

^^^^^^^
    this is true, thanks for elaborating

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    This new jailbreak is using a bootrom exploit though so it will be much harder for Apple to close .They wont be able to do it with a simple software update, it will take a hardware revision to close this exploit so it still could come out before 4.2. I believe it will come out when it is ready, regardless of whether or not that is before or after 4.2 is released publicly.
    Thanks for relieving my momentary scare. That means it won't necessarily mean we have to wait till 4.2. I dunno how much longer I can stand to not be able to JB my iP4.

Quote Originally Posted by acida View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just got an iPhone 4, brand new which comes with iOS 4.0.2
    I tried f0recast to see if i was able to jailbreak it and also unlock it but at the button it says "Waiting for iDevice", dunno what that means.

Here it is:

anyways, is there anyways of jailbreaking this device and unlock it ?
    thank
    I'm not sure if forecast is able to give relevant information about iphone 4. 4.0.2 cannot be jailbroken, and may never be. 4.1 JB will be out soon. You should download Tiny Umbrella and save 4.1 SHSH files. Also remember to update using the TU method, if you want to be able to unlock once 4.1 JB comes out. If you upgrade to 4.1 the normal way, you will not be able to unlock even with a JB.

ok so i need to wait till the jailbreak for 4.1 releases right ?

@NHL Fever
    I tried to save my SHSH using TU, but it kept saying its not saved
    tried both for Apple & Cydia and none of them worked.
    shall I try again and again to get the SHSH for 4.1 using TU?

Btw, is there any unlocker that i can use to unlock the carrier ? Or that should be done after I jailbreak the phone ?

Do not upgrade at all if you are on 4.0.2 especially if you need an unlock.

regarding tinyumbrella if you are on 4.0.2 you need the shsh for that not 4.1 so try it using 4.0.2 (assuming you are still on 4.0.2)

You were probably trying to save for an SHSH file that is no longer being signed by apple, such as 4.0.1 or 4.0.2. You can only save the current firmware SHSH, that means 4.1. You do not have to update to 4.1 to do this. If your phone is 4.0.2 then it probably tried to save 4.0.2 by default. Use advanced options and change it to 4.1.

Ok now i got the SHSH file saved on Cydia for 4.1 on my iPhone 4, is there any JB released that will work ? if yes where can i get it ? is it like jailbreakme.com ?

what about unlocking the device ?

There is no jailbreak for the iPhone 4 on 4.0.2 or higher yet. When it is released it will be on the front page, just keep checking the news section.