Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading the iphone 3G 4.1 to 4.0.2

Default Downgrading the iphone 3G 4.1 to 4.0.2
    Hi everyone,

I have an iphone 3G 4.0.2 jail broken but I heard it was jail breakable for 4.1 which it is but every time I do it the phone button disappears.

I'm looking to downgrade back to 4.0,2 and I have saved my SHS Blob thing.

I edited the host file and shift clicked the restore on the 4.02 firmware but ending up getting error 1602.

Any advice or links to articles i should be reading?

Thanks

Well, there is no jailbreak available for 4.0.2 or 4.1 (yet). The last version for a jailbreal is 4.0.1. If you have saved your SHSH for 4.0.1, then restore to that version using Tiny Umbrella. If you only have SHSH for 4.0.2 and 4.1, then there's no need to downgrade, you'll have to wait for the 4.1 jailbreak. You can find guides at the top of this page.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinemagic For This Useful Post:

lol_release (2010-09-16)

Oh yes I'm sorry I meant to say 4.0.1 that is when I saved my thing last. Is there anyway to tell way blob I saved if I don't remember if it's 4.0 or 4.0.1

I guess the step I was missing was the tiny umbrella step I don't know about that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Or do you want to go back to 3.1.3 until there is a jailbreak for 4.1, 4.0 or 4.0.1 is very slow for 3G.

Actually it's funny you say that yeow202 I just asked my buddy Anthony and he said he want's to wait because with this update (4.1) he has had a taste of how fast his phone once was lol.

I guess we will both wait. I've been waiting for ever I got an iphone 4 that came with 4.0.2 so I've been sitting on 4.1 now for a few weeks like everyone else.

I also still have an iphone 3g on 4.0.2 jailbreak but I didn't update that one as my wife is enjoying all the games from hackulos.

Is it true you always loose your games when upgrading with cydia? For example my old 3G the wife has will that phone lose it's apps when I upgrade to the 4.1 jialbreak when it's released?

If so what's the fastest way t keep all the apps?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you want 4.0.1, download tiny umbrella version 4.1.4
    Click advanced option.
    Select Device/Version > 3G 4.0.1 shsh
    Request from > Cydia
    Click Save Shsh
    Wait for Answer > If it says this....will succeed
    Click Display shsh to check if it is there
    Start Tss Server
    Put Iphone into DFU mode
    Click Shift + Restore to 4.0.1 ipsw
    Let it restore.

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    Actually it's funny you say that yeow202 I just asked my buddy Anthony and he said he want's to wait because with this update (4.1) he has had a taste of how fast his phone once was lol.

I guess we will both wait. I've been waiting for ever I got an iphone 4 that came with 4.0.2 so I've been sitting on 4.1 now for a few weeks like everyone else.

I also still have an iphone 3g on 4.0.2 jailbreak but I didn't update that one as my wife is enjoying all the games from hackulos.

Is it true you always loose your games when upgrading with cydia? For example my old 3G the wife has will that phone lose it's apps when I upgrade to the 4.1 jialbreak when it's released?

If so what's the fastest way t keep all the apps?
    Sorry, Piracy is not allowed here, you should not talk about it. About Jailbreaking and other legal stuffs I can help you but No Piracy Please.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-16 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

lol_release (2010-09-16), louort3 (2010-09-16)

Thanks

lol relese i was wondering if this worked out for u?

First off, you can jailbreak 4.0.2 on an iPhone 3G. Using redsn0w and 4.0 ipsw.

Secondly, my friend just updated his iPhone 3G to 4.1 accidentally. I'm trying to help him through the process of downgrading, but then I thought, after you update to 4.1 isn't your baseband stuck and you won't be able to unlock the phone even after you downgrade to 4.0.2?

I just recently upgraded to 4.1 by mistake myself. And I have been told that there is no jailbreak for 4.1 So, for now, I think I'm kind of screwed? But with that being typed, when I first plugged my phone into my computer, doesn't it make a back up of what you had on it? And would I be able to restore it back where it was? I need help or I'm just gonna sell it quick or possibly wait for 4.1 jailbreak to release........ugh:-(

Any help would be grateful!

Thanks!