Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs with no software installed URGENT

Exclamation Iphone 3gs with no software installed URGENT
    I got an Iphone 3gs with nothing on it (no software installed) tried to restore it on itunes DID NOT WORK with versions 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.0 and 4.0
    I had to update I-tunes so I did that and now I am getting error 3194.
    So I modified the HOSTS file as everybody says and still getting the same error.

Please need help can't take it anymore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hilbok View Post
    I got an Iphone 3gs with nothing on it (no software installed) tried to restore it on itunes DID NOT WORK with versions 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.0 and 4.0
    I had to update I-tunes so I did that and now I am getting error 3194.
    So I modified the HOSTS file as everybody says and still getting the same error.

Please need help can't take it anymore
    On a 3GS, unless you have SHSH blobs backed up, you can only restore to the most current firmware version, which is 4.1.

Odds are you don't have blobs backed up: unless you ran TinyUmbrella in time, or had the device previously jailbroken, you're stuck with 4.1 which is neither jailbreakable or unlockable.

(EDIT: To make it more clear, the host-file edit is to access these backed-up blobs instead of talking to Apple directly, since Apple will never supply SHSH blobs for any firmwares other than the current one. Since you're still getting error 3194, or bad/malformed blob errors, you probably don't have any backed up. SOL, sorry.)
    Last edited by Orby; 2010-09-16 at 09:30 AM.

Thank you orbyorb....