Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone stuck at jailbreak screen?

Default iphone stuck at jailbreak screen?
    I was trying to fix an issue I had with MyWi and after a reboot my iphone 4g is stuck at the boot up process where you see the apple logo with the pixels on the screen. I can leave it for an hour and it never finishes. Phone does not make it to recovery mode, it can enter DFU mode and is recognized once plugged in. I have some very important pictures that I didn't get to sync so I am hoping there is something that will allow me to get them (as they were of my recent new born.) Any and all help is graciously appreciated.

scratch that I can get to both DFU and Recovery mode now.
    Last edited by syn-ack; 2010-09-16 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Nevermind, I thought of something but it is not working. The best way is to do a restore.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-16 at 05:14 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

When you plug it into iTunes and it recognizes the phone, do you have the option to right-click it and select "back up"?

If not, are you able to access the phone via SSH on the boot screen? I've done this before but it was on a Mac, don't think it works with PC.

If you can't do either, unfortunately you might lose your photos. Next time, be sure to back up your photos frequently to your computer or flash drive so that in case this happens again you won't lose anything.