Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my thoughts to the dev team...

Default my thoughts to the dev team...
    We all know that they do an amazing job and the best part is all them hours / days is that its free.
    Now with the Beta 4.2 coming out.
    Is there much point finding a jailbreak for 4.1.
    I think that they should jailbreak 4.1 hopefully untethered :P and hopefully use it on 4.2 otherwise apple may patch this or that up and I dont see the point upgrading software for awhile. Why couldnt apple delay the 4.1 and just launch 4.2 a month later they delayed the freaking white iphone 4 we all want.

These are my thoughts anyway.. good luck dev team happy jailbreaking.
    and people that like moaning... if its that bad please do it yourselfs I would love to see what you lot come up with.

well with what i have read the new expliot will basicly leave your iphone jailbroken even after a new update but im not 100% sure of it xD

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    We all know that they do an amazing job and the best part is all them hours / days is that its free.
    Now with the Beta 4.2 coming out.
    Is there much point finding a jailbreak for 4.1.
    I think that they should jailbreak 4.1 hopefully untethered :P and hopefully use it on 4.2 otherwise apple may patch this or that up and I dont see the point upgrading software for awhile. Why couldnt apple delay the 4.1 and just launch 4.2 a month later they delayed the freaking white iphone 4 we all want.

These are my thoughts anyway.. good luck dev team happy jailbreaking.
    and people that like moaning... if its that bad please do it yourselfs I would love to see what you lot come up with.
    well if it is a BB exploit, then apple will have to release new hardware to fix it.... they cant just release a new firmware, they have to replace the hardware to block it permanatly.... like with the iphone 3G always being able to use redsn0w

Quote Originally Posted by vigilantez View Post
    well with what i have read the new expliot will basicly leave your iphone jailbroken even after a new update but im not 100% sure of it xD
    haha, you beat me to it
    Last edited by drog92; 2010-09-15 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes but I think its only one the A4 chips lucky me thank god but what about the others with the 3GS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So much misinformation. Y'all need to do your homework on the difference between BootROM, iBoot and baseband. At this moment in time there has been no indication of if the exploit is in the BootROM or in iBoot. I THINK it's in the bootROM which is a tethered jailbreak... but the first step in an untethered jailbreak which requires an iBoot exploit as well in newer devices.

Jailbreaks at this level cannot be patched with software as we have seen with Pwnage Tool which worked on every iPhone 2G, 3G and first production run 3GS. All that has to happen is the devs have to test and add support for newer firmwares as they are released.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    So much misinformation. Y'all need to do your homework on the difference between BootROM, iBoot and baseband. At this moment in time there has been no indication of if the exploit is in the BootROM or in iBoot. I THINK it's in the bootROM which is a tethered jailbreak... but the first step in an untethered jailbreak which requires an iBoot exploit as well in newer devices.

Jailbreaks at this level cannot be patched with software as we have seen with Pwnage Tool which worked on every iPhone 2G, 3G and first production run 3GS. All that has to happen is the devs have to test and add support for newer firmwares as they are released.
    my bad.... i knew i had it wrong.... my bad OP.... i got confuzed because i had just read about BB this and BB that.... again, my bad

hey Poseidon79, will it be able to break the iPhone 3G, or do you know if it was actually with the A4 chip? or should i just shut up?
    Last edited by drog92; 2010-09-16 at 05:11 AM.