Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 3GS and IP4 jailbreak

Default Help with 3GS and IP4 jailbreak
    Hello everyone. I have two good friends that need to jailbreak their phones.
    Friend 1- has a 3GS on FW 3.1.2 and is already jailbroken but wants 4.0.1 FW to get the capabilities of the newer software. Can she just d/l from felixbruns without backing up SHSH since she's never had IOS4 ^ before?
    Friend 2) got a new IP4 recently that came with 4.0.2 and wants 4.0.1 to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. Anybody know of a tutorial that shows how to do it with a Mac? Any info is helpful and thanks. Post links please if you got em.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Need SHSHs on both phones. The 3GS if its an old bootrom it can use custom fw if its already JB on 3.1.2. If its a new boot youll need the SHSHs.

Thanks for getting back Annie. Friend 1 isn't computer literate enough to tackle SHSH stuff. Are there links possibly a tutorial to help out friend 2?

Thanks

Nothing friend 2 can do. If the i4 came with 4.0.2, it never had 4.0.1 and therefore can't possibly have an SHSH on file. The only way to get one is while that os build is being signed by apple, which its not.

Sounds like the best option for friend 1 (and the ONLY option for friend 2) is to wait for the jailbreak for 4.1 to be released.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if they have 3.1.2 already jailbroken, wouldnt they have pressed the "Make my life easier" button in cydia?

Thanks

I bet they would have, but he said they aren't computer literate enough for a downgrade. There are tutorials I the "downgrading" section of the forums here....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.