Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to jailbreak 4.02 on iPhone 4

Default How to jailbreak 4.02 on iPhone 4
    my friend gave me a iPhone which he found last week and it has never been jailbroken
    it runs of 4.02 and im new to the jailbreaking scene

lol, do some research

he "found"? it's lost or stolen is what you mean.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    he "found"? it's lost or stolen is what you mean.
    im thinking that the STOLEN sounds better.... but that is just me.... and for the record, it cant be jailbroken....

You'd better find out where he got it. My zune got stolen a few years ago, and I loathe thieves.

lol well he told me he found it.
    if i cant jailbreak it can i downgrade to 4.0.1 then go on jailbreakme.com

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

"founders"... Should return it.

Anyhow need SHSHs to downgrade to 4.0.1. If you dont have them you cant do anything. If you dont know what SHSHs are or how to use them/find out if the phone has them, do a search. Plenty of info about it on Google and MMi.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well i wish i could "find" an iphone 4.... i would be the happiest man in the world....

Thanks

Ok, here's how you do it. Go to "contacts". Scroll to top. Dial that number and return the phone to who it belongs to (since you're in possession of stolen property according to the law, and the value of an iPhone makes it a felony. Grand larceny.)

Then, go to AT&T and buy your own iPhone.

That phone definitely belongs to someone. I can't speak for anyone else, but i will NOT help you do ANYTHING on that phone whatsoever. You and your friend can find out who's phone it is in 2 clicks. Call it "found", I say you're both thieves. Period.

Return it.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

take it to AT&T now and see if it's reported lost or stolen. How would you like it if you lost your iphone and some **** took it and gave it away?

U guys
    Last edited by Tezzard; 2010-09-13 at 03:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

if its been found lets be honest you wont be able to much with apart from use it as an ipod also finding somthing i wouldnt call that stealing or a theif as some of you put it if you found 50 bucks in the street would you take it down to the local police station i think not

Yeah but the owner of the $50 wouldn't be as easy to track down as the owner of that iphone. All he has to do is make a phone call to Apple and he can find out who owns the phone.

Obviously he probably knows that already and is happy to keep his stolen, free phone.

If Dante was still alive, he would make an eighth circle of hell for those who steal phones.

To be honest, I wouldn't return it either. Call me what u will but the majority of us will do the same. That's life. Sh*t happens.

Anyways this has nothing to do with what he asked. The answer is no, unless it has shsh already saved, check with tinyumbrella.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well I left $20 in walmart's self checkout and came back 30 minutes and someone had turned it in. So i got my $20 back cuz some nice person turned it in. So some people arent greedy a$$e$.

Well there's very few people who do that..otherwise the entire concept of reporting a stolen phone wouldn't exist.

Also, I wouldn't of returned that $20

Thanks

Well, it shows what kind of person you are. Greedy. Selfish. And arrogant. Hopefully you're never at the will of another human....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

So wait, if you found money on the ground would you try to find the person? lol. I heard a comedian say this before and I agree, "if you see someone walking down the street with a $20 bill hanging out of their pocket, I'm the person who would follow them till it falls out".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast