Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g, Firm 4.0.1, problem with sources

Default iPhone 3g, Firm 4.0.1, problem with sources
    I have just recently purchased a 3g and had it jailbroke and is running Cydia. I wanted to change my springboard and installed it but it does not work. A fellow worker said you need Installeous. I added that one my self and it works fine. I prefer to support Cydia and it's vendors. New to the Jailbreaking so go easy on me. Everything else works fine...on T-Mobile, no problem. Can any point me to what needs to be done. Thanks

Installeous is for cracked apps and you won't get any help here for that. If
    Your trying to change the way spring board works u use winterboard that is in cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooprtrukr View Post
    Installeous is for cracked apps and you won't get any help here for that. If
    Your trying to change the way spring board works u use winterboard that is in cydia.
    That is what I was doing after the Jailbreak. I was using the winterboard from ModMyi Soursces. Installed Leaf winterboard and it does not show up.

Some themes won't work on 4.0 I have a few on my iPhone 4 that don't work as well. To get any theme to work you have to make sure it has a check mark next to it by tapping on the theme. Exit winterboard and your phone will respring with the theme u chose.

Winterboard is in the cydia/ telesphoro repo.
    Last edited by Sooprtrukr; 2010-09-10 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost