Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple solution to upgrade please

Default Simple solution to upgrade please
    OK... first post... hoping I don't get shot down in flames for this one as I know there will be the simple answer. It's probably because it's so simple that I can't find it.

I have an iPhone4... version 4.0.1... jailbroke by JailbreakMe.

I am interested in upgrading to the new 4.1 that Apple are releasing...and doing this through iTunes.

I am not bothered about losing all the stuff that I installed when it was jailbroke... I just want to do a clean upgrade to 4.1... and then wait until a solution is out there for 4.1

What is the best process for me to make this happen ? Do I restore to factory or is there a better solution ? Can I just go ahead and upgrade to 4.1 without doing anything else other than plugging it into iTunes and letting it do the rest ?

I am no expert butbyou can just update from itunes. However your baseband may also get updated which prevent carrier unlocks if need it. Also there will be no jailbreak for 4.1 they are going to wait for 4.2 sonce its around the corner.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Tspoon View Post
    Also there will be no jailbreak for 4.1 they are going to wait for 4.2 sonce its around the corner.
    Where do you get this gem of information from?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Sorry for the mistake its tje 4.0.2 which will have no jb. They av found a exploit on 4.1 so its looking good. Sorry again

3 posts full of fail

op. Look up tinyumbrella site/blog. Answer is at the top of the page there

Quote Originally Posted by SiFO View Post
    3 posts full of fail

op. Look up tinyumbrella site/blog. Answer is at the top of the page there
    One post full of fail...

Tiny umbrella will allow you to update to 4.1 and preserve the BB but that has nothing to do with the JB.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

@confucious

i was referring to Tspoon's posts
    "If You're Not First, You're Last" - Ricky Bobby