Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 & iOS 4.x.x

Thanks

Default Iphone 4 & iOS 4.x.x
    So, I bought an iphone 4 off a buddy of mine who got his stuck in a loop. Now once in DFU mode, I'm having trouble restoring. The iOS 4.0 was said to be incompatible by iTunes. So I go to 4.0.1, then I get the "Itunes cannot restore this iphone" Blah Blah blah 1394 error. I think its 1394. Any suggestions? If I attempt to restore & update, Itunes will let me proceed with that, but I wouldnt go past the accepting terms & agreements page. I suppose @last resort, I'll put it on the shelf until the 4.1 jb is released (Worded to be soon via a bootrom exploit -SCORE-)
    But I'd prefer to not do that. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple will only allow you to restore to 4.0.2 or 4.1 at this time so unless the phone has 4.0 or 4.0.1 shsh's on file then you're out of luck. Download firmware umbrella and it will tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You must have itunes 9.2 and higher

Thanks

Very unlikely the SHSH's were backed up. And I dont know if it was JB'd or not, actually, when I turn it on (after I took the SIM out) it says "Iphone Disabled, Connect to Itunes." And doesnt do anything past that, except emergency calls? But I honestly figured @ that point it's probably hot. ehh

And @yeow, I tried upgrading to itunes 10, with no avail, also on a different pc, with no Iphone history.
    Last edited by -vis0-; 2010-09-09 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost