Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 POSSIBLE?

Question iPod Touch 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 POSSIBLE?
    My iPod Touch 2G 3.1.1 has been jailbroken but i would like to upgrade to the jailbreak 3.1.2. When i attempt to upgrade the firmware with iTunes i get the message:

The iPod could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build

I did some googling and there was mention of ECID and SHSH and such. Confusing stuff. I just want to know is it POSSIBLE OR NOT to upgrade my existing firmware to 3.1.2 (or better), and if so how?

Within Tinyumbrella the Display SHSH shows a blank list.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

is you host file edited to point at the Cydia server? if you dont have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file, you wont be able to update to 3.1.2

no i dont have my 3.1.2 SHSH file. Didnt realize the change all this time. So i'm out of luck in upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1.2. Ok thanks for explaining. I dont have to rack my brains any longer.

UPDATE

SUCCESS!!

Looks like Dydo from another site was right.

My iPod Touch 2G v3.0 (jailbreak) could not install v3.1.2. It always complained about "device isn't eligible for the requested build". From all the above talk it seemed it was impossible to install 3.1.2 onto my device because of the SHSH issue. Dydo suggested sn0wbreeze.

I used sn0wbreeze with my downloaded v3.1.2 firmware (not jailbreak) and it created a custom 3.1.2 file. With my ipod touch running like normal (at home screen) i opened itunes 9 and did a SHIFT+RESTORE (Windows 7) and pointed it to the sn0wbreeze custom 3.1.2. Itunes right away said Extracting (instead of the prompt it will verify with Apple). After a bit it began installing the firmware.

Version 3.1.2 is now on my ipod touch and appears jailbreak (Cydia is already installed).

All seems good for now.

Big thanks to Dydo.
    Last edited by quantass; 2010-09-09 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost