Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about cydia!

Default Question about cydia!
    I have an iPhone 3G on 4.0.2 it's jailbroken and unlocked or tmobile. When I go into cydia to download a game or anything, before I download I see something that says "this program breaks jailbreaks" does that mean my phone will no longer be jailbroken if I download? Also, before I jailbroken and unlocked my phone worked normal. Now it tale forever for anything to load. Games, the Internet, even when I click to open up settings or messages. Does anyone know why?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If it's jailbroke it's not on 4.0.2!!

Yes it is it's the most recent update and it says 4.0.2 for some reason people have been saying you can't do it but it worked for me, it's just that Now my phone is slow as hell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    If it's jailbroke it's not on 4.0.2!!
    iPhone 3G can actually be on 4.0.2 jailbroken. That warning is for 3GS/i4 users.

Jesbian, I have good news and bad news. The good news is there's a firmware update out today (4.1) that improves the speed on the 3G massively. The bad news is it updates the baseband, rendering your phone locked to whatever cell network you purchased it on.

Wait for a new unlock OR PwnageTool release, then update away. You'll always have your jailbreak, it's just a question of unlocks.

So your saying basically if I update it to mak it faster I might not be able to use it with tmobile? Pwnage wouldn't work I had to use redsnow. Thanks!