Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 (4.0.1) What Is This ?

Default iPhone 4 (4.0.1) What Is This ?
    Hello everybady , am having a huge problem while am restoring my iphone .
    Right now am running 4.0.1 & its jailbroked iphone 4 . When i tried to restore on 4.0.1 again its not going through . even i did edit the host file , but getting same error again and again .
    Annway i read one post to save ur shsh then restore. but when i tried this i got this error message on tinyumbrrela . Please help me guys . I really need to restore my phone ....coz its really meesed up and very slow .

Thanks

What that means is that ur iPhone 4 shah files were never saved....and basically it means that u can't restore to 4.01 unless u saved the shsh files locally...

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    What that means is that ur iPhone 4 shah files were never saved....and basically it means that u can't restore to 4.01 unless u saved the shsh files locally...
    How to save it ??? Can you please help me with this buddy ?

Yo can't save them anymore for 4.0.1

oh damn but why ? no solution ?

Because apple is not signing that firmware anymore, only 4.0.2 that why you need to save them, because when they stop signing the firmware you can downgrade

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, every firmware version has a signing window, and it usually closes not long after a new firmware version is released. August 19 was the last day that 4.0.1 was signed.