Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Os 4.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Os 4.1
    OS 4.1 comes out on the 8th. Comex is already working on a JB for 4.1 and 4.2 (November). Can't wait! Excited to try out that HDR feature for the i4 camera. I won't update until the JB is official. It's going to be another jailbreakme.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsmejdn View Post
    OS 4.1 comes out on the 8th. Comex is already working on a JB for 4.1 and 4.2 (November). Can't wait! Excited to try out that HDR feature for the i4 camera. I won't update until the JB is official. It's going to be another jailbreakme.
    and how do you know what it is going to be??? just wondering im curious i have an iphone 3g....

Thanks

I'm following iDedicate on twitter and read his blog religiously. Lol. That's what he said. I'm surprised there isn't a news article on it yet on the front page. It's a pretty big deal. Especially to those 4.0.2'ers. I'm sure he gets first dibs on Comex's news because Comex was the one telling people to follow him.
    Last edited by itsmejdn; 2010-09-07 at 06:37 PM.

Just read that he found 2 exploits for 4.1

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

I follow comex on twitter and have seen no reference at all about any new jailbreaks? I just went and looked at his twitter page going about two weeks back, and I see no info on any fourth coming jailbreaks. So where are you guys getting this info?
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    I follow comex on twitter and have seen no reference at all about any new jailbreaks? I just went and looked at his twitter page going about two weeks back, and I see no info on any fourth coming jailbreaks. So where are you guys getting this info?
    My bad. I read it wrong. It was on iDedicate's twitter and blog.

Twitter:
    Comex has Two Exploits to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2. As most of you know that Comex is working on... Comex has Two Exploits to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2 | iDedicate
    Blog:
    As most of you know, we reported that Comex is working on iOS 4.1 userland jailbreak. We are just two days away from iOS 4.1 and it brings a lot of new features and bug fixes which stimulates people to upgrade to this iOS 4.1. Comex has two exploits for jailbreaking iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2.

According to yesterdayís post [Mob2all], the developer is working on ďUserland JailbreakĒ on iOS 4.1 for all devices but if the boy failed to do so, we will receive a new tool that acts on the deviceís bootrom. Letís explain it more..
    The userland jailbreak uses an uses a loophole in iOS itself, just the same as his last two tools, Spirit and JailbreakMe. This exploits can be caught by Apple easily and closed in the next iOS upgrade. This method is untethered jailbreak and itís the exploit used in the video below by Geohot.

Unlike userland jailbreak, the second exploit acts on the hardware of the device itself. In brief, Apple canít close this hole as it must change the internal components of the device to protect against the new tool. Apple only can close this hole in the new devices!
    In brief, Comex will use the userland jailbreak which uses the exploit on iOS itself to jailbreak iOS 4.1. The second exploit will be used on iOS 4.2 when itís released in November if he didnít fail to jailbreak iOS 4.1. The two exploits were discovered byp0sixninja, one of them used by Geohot to jailbreak iPhone 4. In summary, the jailbreak in one way or another is will be released. Now just wait for iOS 4.1 release in the next two days. We didnít hear anything about unlocking iPhone under iOS 4.1 but Planetbeing may be working on this.
    So basically, it;s being worked on. I never said anything about a date. But just excited to see that its in progress for 4.1.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsmejdn For This Useful Post:

Captinsmooth (2010-09-07), Robcoffee (2010-09-07)