Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4.0.1 Help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4.0.1 Help
    Hey guys.

I've currently got a 32gb Iphone 4 running 4.0.1, jailbroke and all was fine until this morning when I was (or attempting) to change a name of an app. I've some how deleted apps like contacts, phone etc etc.

I'm trying to restore my phone to 4.0.1 however its not playing ball!

In cydia it states "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2"

How do I get the 4.0.1 blobs to save to cydia, bearing in mind I am still running 4.0.1 or alternatively how do I get my contacts/phone/ipod etc apps back.

Thanks for reading!

you cant get your shsh for 4.0.1 due to its not being signed by apple anymore..

what apps did you delete and ill try to make you a backup from my phone of them and you do have openssh on your iphone from cydia so you can get inside of your phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friend has just got his iphone today, so we tried copying his Root Directory/Applications to mine through iPhone Explorer(this is where they were deleted from) and they aren't showing up in my phone Although they are present on iPhone Explorer

I'll try openssh now, see what I can find.

I'm very reluctant to upgrade to 4.0.2

try this go to settings>general>reset>reset home screen layout

keep everything you copied over in the directory
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 2010-09-06 at 11:06 PM.

hmm.. dont think you can get 4.0.1 shshed. how did they go missing. i guess u have tried reset phone settings. nothing else i can think off...

4.1 is due soon touch wood it be ok

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    try this go to settings>general>reset>reset home screen layout

keep everything you copied over in the directory
    Nothing happend

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    hmm.. dont think you can get 4.0.1 shshed. how did they go missing. i guess u have tried reset phone settings. nothing else i can think off...

4.1 is due soon touch wood it be ok
    I clicked delete on a sub folder in the app root directory, and the damn thing deleted 1/2 of them (managed to pull the usb cable before it got them all)

Annoying this is I clicked "make my life easier" in cydia, but it doesn't seem to have saved my shsh's

Umbrella will save my phones 4.0.1 shshs as a 3gs file, anyone know if I change the filename if it will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathb View Post
    Nothing happend

I clicked delete on a sub folder in the app root directory, and the damn thing deleted 1/2 of them (managed to pull the usb cable before it got them all)

Annoying this is I clicked "make my life easier" in cydia, but it doesn't seem to have saved my shsh's

Umbrella will save my phones 4.0.1 shshs as a 3gs file, anyone know if I change the filename if it will work?
    it saved you shsh but only for 4.0.2 the shsh only saves for what apple is signing at the moment

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

09/06/2010 22:13:58.822 Processing SHSH Request... 09/06/2010 22:13:58.834 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306)... 09/06/2010 22:14:46.182 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 09/06/2010 22:14:46.193 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Guess I'll just have to wait until 4.1 is released later this week, how annoying

I guess the moral of the story is ensure that you back up your SHSHs asap and don't mess around with things you don't know haha

Do I just update to 4.0.2? and wait for the new JB?

Hopefully the JB will be out soon
    Last edited by Nathb; 2010-09-07 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yep, and then you can upgrade to 4.1 this week and enjoy.
    The moral is, don't mess with your filesystem!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

Nathb (2010-09-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nathb View Post
    no that will not work, shsh's are device specific