Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Out Of The Box 4.0.2

Unhappy iPhone 4 Out Of The Box 4.0.2
    I suppose through my research, I can answer my own question, but I purchased an iPhone 4 that had 4.0.2 installed out of the box and I'm really hoping someone out there can tell me how to downgrade it to 4.0.1.

I guess my glimmer of hope is that all the articles I've read saying it can't be done are now debunked since the articles are now a couple of weeks old and someone has come up with a way/jailbreak?

I've read and tried modding the ipsw's; basically every article out there that I've been able to find and still can't get this sucker down to 4.0.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

u cant as you dont have shsh saved stay on 4.0.2 then read on how to jb 4.1 when it comes out dont upgrade straight away.

be prepared and edit ur hosts file for a start. at least you wont have to do that again 4.1 is out in 2 days. jb prob be like 1 - 2 weeks i would have thought

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dtox2008 For This Useful Post:

Inamays (2010-09-06)

U can't if u got it at 4.0.2. No way

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

And use TinyUmbrella to save your 4.0.2 blobs now. It might seem silly, but 4.0.2 could end up becoming a safe fallback firmware depending on how the next jailbreak works, and how future firmware versions act.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

Inamays (2010-09-06)