Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g Jailbreak. 3.1.3 nothing working!!!

Default Iphone 2g Jailbreak. 3.1.3 nothing working!!!
    Ok before you get angry at this possible noob post do know that I have been searching all over the web for solutions. Even go to the point where I bricked the phone and managed to find a way to recover it via itunes 9.0.2 and a patched itunes mobile device.dll. So its not like I haven't been trying but I'm about ready to give up!!

I have an iPhone 2G on firmware 3.1.3 that I want to unlock to use for T-mobile. I have an unactivated AT&T sim card and SEVERAL copies of 3.1.2 firmware. Here's my issue. I've tried several programs including Redsn0w, Blackra1n, iLiberty,ZiPhone, hell I even managed to Jailbreak the phone with Jailbreak me and downloaded Bootneuter 2.1 through Cydia (Which froze and caused the phone to brick in the first place!) Redsn0w keeps giving me the error Unable to recognize specified ISPW and once again I DO have 3.1.2 firmware. Blackra1n doesn't do anything....at all I don't even get the guys face Both iLiberty and ZiPhone (yes I use cmd prompt for ZiPhone won't even launch they both keep giving me the error Unable to Locate Component.(QTCF.dll) I've downloaded this file stuck it in the system 32 file and even the main directory of iLiberty. Still to no avail. I even took the one that appears in the Quick time folder....still nada..... Each and everyone of these methods have been done with the phone in both Recovery and DFU mode.....man I'm at wits end. Bootneuter looked like that was going to work but I'm scared to try that again..... I thought I had a 120 dollar brick going there.....Please help its a gift for girlfriend to throw her off from thinking I'm proposing til I get the ring...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

DFU mode. Shift+restore to 3.1.2. Redsn0w 0.9.3. Get 3.9 and 4.6 binary bootloader files for Redsn0w. In Redsn0w select "Cydia" and "Unlock".

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-06 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tried that too. In iTunes it says that the firmware isn't compatible....So far I can in no way get past putting 3.1.2 on the phone or through any other program that requires it....I've also used iTunes 10,8.0, 8.2, 7.5, 7.5.5, and 9.02. All have been completely clean installs and have also been done on another computer.......I've lost hours of sleep over this lol....
    Last edited by ohmone; 2010-09-06 at 07:38 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Can you at least upgrade instead of restoring? Upgrading will take you to 3.1.3.

Upgrade? I can restore to 3.1.3 because thats what it went to when I first got the phone. Umm not sure if the upgrade process would be any different. (Phone is in DFU right now) If you're asking if I can downgrade to anything lower than upgrade to 3.1.2 or something like that then no I keep getting those various errors (i.e 1602 2002 etc) where I've tried clean installing iTunes, different computers, and whatever other solution the apple had offered for those errors.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Whats wrong with jailbreaking on 3.1.3 then if you can get to it? You can JB 3.1.3 with the guide I gave you.

It still requires the 3.1.2 firmware. Which I had stated before when I try to open the 3.1.2 firmware using RedSn0w I get the error unable to recognize the specified ISPW. Wait does it matter on the version number of RedSn0w?? I have RedSn0w 0.9.3 and 0.9.4. Your link has 0.9.2...

Nope 0.9.2 doesn't work either....
    Last edited by ohmone; 2010-09-06 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

What is the filename of the .ipsw you are trying to use?

redsn0w 0.9.4 should of worked...hmm idk then

SHould be the same as the one in the image that's on iclarified. iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw IF thats the wrong one please link me cause I've been to several websites that claimed to have the 2g version of 3.1.2

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Thats the right filename. Just confirm that it does indeed say .ipsw at the end of the file and not .zip, internet explorer can sometimes download them as .zip files.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I will walk you through , PM me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

ohmone (2010-09-07)