Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Psa: Everybody responsible for software jailbreaking step in here

  1. #1
    Default Psa: Everybody responsible for software jailbreaking step in here
    You guys should hold out on the 4.2 JB until these Cydia app makers update all their apps. You guys can't even fully enjoy your JB because these guys have "gotten to busy" "decided they don't want to make apps anymore" yeah, they are too busy to update an app but they gladly took the time out of their oh so busy day to JB their new iPhone4 and post on this forum, it's hillarious!

    And then you got these people that will run in "don't rush them, they don't have to do this" Like you guys have no lives/jobs and it was your obligation to JB the new iPhone4.

    There's no more excuses for them besides pure laziness. You guys were able to JB a completely new device quicker then they could update an app.

    So you guys should get together and boycott the new JB of 4.2 until they hold up on their end of the deal. What? Your going to slave again and make JB'ing for 4.2 possible when you can't even do what you want on 4.1?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    You guys should hold out on the 4.2 JB until these Cydia app makers update all their apps. You guys can't even fully enjoy your JB because these guys have "gotten to busy" "decided they don't want to make apps anymore" yeah, they are too busy to update an app but they gladly took the time out of their oh so busy day to JB their new iPhone4 and post on this forum, it's hillarious!

    And then you got these people that will run in "don't rush them, they don't have to do this" Like you guys have no lives/jobs and it was your obligation to JB the new iPhone4.

    There's no more excuses for them besides pure laziness. You guys were able to JB a completely new device quicker then they could update an app.

    So you guys should get together and boycott the new JB of 4.2 until they hold up on their end of the deal. What? Your going to slave again and make JB'ing for 4.2 possible when you can't even do what you want on 4.1?
    I lold a lot at this.

    Get a bucket of sand, the flames will be here soon!

  3. #3
    Man I thought 4th of July was over, but fireworks are bout to fly on this one. How bout you boycott jail breaking forever since your so ungrateful. It's not like these guys are getting paid to just jb our devices, unless we all find out in a couple years that Steve jobs pays these guys six figures to find jailbreaks just to hype up apple products even more.

  4. #4
    Boycott JB 4.2?? And what will that do? They just won't release it then..it's not like they're begging us to JB, in fact it's the other way around
    And there's no "deal" here, they release the JB and then we JB, where the deal?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by phatcamaro View Post
    Man I thought 4th of July was over, but fireworks are bout to fly on this one. How bout you boycott jail breaking forever since your so ungrateful. It's not like these guys are getting paid to just jb our devices, unless we all find out in a couple years that Steve jobs pays these guys six figures to find jailbreaks just to hype up apple products even more.
    You clearly didn't read the whole post or understand it... I said these guys don't get paid to jb our devices. They are in the same situation as these Cydia app makers that decide "I'm too busy now" "I don't want to make apps anymore"

    But the difference between the two! These Cydia app makers are "too busy" "don't want to do it anymore" but they took the time out of their day to JB their iPhone4. You see what I'm getting at?

    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Boycott JB 4.2?? And what will that do? They just won't release it then..it's not like they're begging us to JB, in fact it's the other way around
    And there's no "deal" here, they release the JB and then we JB, where the deal?
    If you take the time out of your day to JB your iPhone4 and you have the ability to give back to the community and software jb'ers by making ONE app. It's the least you can do...

    These guys make important apps that people depend on and then when the new JB comes out they've gotten a life all the sudden or "hey! I've gotten too busy but I took the time out of my day to JB my new iPhone4, thanks it's awesome and I got time to post here" Is it too much to ask for someone to update an app every 1-3 years?

    This is a complicated process and one app can screw everything up, everyone needs to hold their weight.
    Last edited by TheGuiltyPleasure; 2010-09-06 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iowa Park, Texas, United States
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts

    and how many threads like this have you started? im suprised you havent been banned yet


    EDIT: i counted for you, youve been whining in 6 different threads that you have started
    Last edited by drog92; 2010-09-06 at 07:12 PM.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drog92 For This Useful Post:

    j3st3r (2010-09-06), korin125 (2010-09-07)

  8. #7
    Actually this is the first thread I have suggested that software jailbreakers should boycott...

  9. #8
    Who says the app devs jb their new i4's? Who says they even have them? Some of them probably just moved on to droid or maybe even official app store?

    Besides if you can't make a jailbreak or an app, who are you to decide which is easier. I know I can't do either so it might be slot easier to find a jailbreak, then to update a app apple does not approve of. Apple knows about these apps,how they work, and what they do. They can change things in the fw to make it so hard to update a app they might even need reworked from ground up. And alot of exploits exist to jb and Rey can carryover from fw to fw if apple doesn't know they exist. Doesn't mean dev team does not know about them and have a leg up on jb new fw. You Are a idiot for everything you posted. Idiot idiot. If everyone boycots a jb why would anyone update a jb app? Idiot.
    Last edited by Aliquippakid; 2010-09-06 at 07:54 PM.

  10. #9
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Not to be rude but... Have you considered taking time out of your day to update or create an iOS 4 compatible app? I dont create apps nor do I create jailbreak tools, so I dont whine and complain. I wait patiently cuz Im more of a taker than a giver when it comes to iPhones. Its not about payment or donations for these devs to do what I want, its their life and their time to use as they wish. If they cant bother to update an app, then they cant. Its not their job.

  11. #10
    Okay and like I said and what this whole thread is about... It's isn't the job of these software jailbreakers to do this and make all this even possible. You guys act like they are obligated to do this. You don't think they work hard and for counted hours to make this possible. And now they can't even fully enjoy because people want to use their stuff but don't want to update theirs because "their to busy now" hahah okayy

    And to the other guy - If you honestly think someone who can create apps wasn't in line on release for the iPhone4 your sadly mistaken. And droid? Hahahah nobody wants the garage.

  12. #11
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Ive seen plenty of apps in Cydia that have been upgraded to being iOS 4 compatible. Some havent as well but like I said, its not their job. Things happen in people's lives where they cant get to it.

    As ive asked before, if its so bothersome to you, couldnt you bother to learn and do something about it? Devs arent just born devs and can magically create these things. They learned how. Why cant you learn how and fix all these problems yourself?

  13. #12
    Uhmm a ton of people think iPhone 4's are ugly. A ton of people think 3gs is still good enough. A ton of people can't afford another 200 dollars. So it is not crazy to think some devs still don't have a iPhone 4. Sure lots of them do, but also lots of apps have been updated. Is it to much to think that some didn't buy one and may not? Jb devs are not getting rich off this maybe Rey moved to something more profitable and less time consuming. You know what never mind that's all crazy, everyone has a iPhone 4 and everyone should boycot jb's. Your corrrrrrect. And everyone should boycott cigarettes for a week they are just to expensive. Let's all ride a bike for a week too. To really show those oil companies who is boss!
    Genious idea here... Let's all boycott the next iPhone model so they will release on verizon!!!! We have they power to make other people do something by us doing nothing I can believe no one has ever thought of this!!!!

  14. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    There's plenty of apps working on IOS4.

    It's just a pity there's 1000s of crappy-assed themes clogging up the place that it takes half an hour to find them.

    The theme makers need to step up. Stop releasing crappy, ugly half-assed themes and trying to sell them for $2.99. Start working on some proper programs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliquippakid View Post
    Uhmm a ton of people think iPhone 4's are ugly. A ton of people think 3gs is still good enough. A ton of people can't afford another 200 dollars. So it is not crazy to think some devs still don't have a iPhone 4. Sure lots of them do, but also lots of apps have been updated. Is it to much to think that some didn't buy one and may not? Jb devs are not getting rich off this maybe Rey moved to something more profitable and less time consuming. You know what never mind that's all crazy, everyone has a iPhone 4 and everyone should boycot jb's. Your corrrrrrect. And everyone should boycott cigarettes for a week they are just to expensive. Let's all ride a bike for a week too. To really show those oil companies who is boss!
    Genious idea here... Let's all boycott the next iPhone model so they will release on verizon!!!! We have they power to make other people do something by us doing nothing I can believe no one has ever thought of this!!!!
    I'm boycotting reading your comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Ive seen plenty of apps in Cydia that have been upgraded to being iOS 4 compatible. Some havent as well but like I said, its not their job. Things happen in people's lives where they cant get to it.

    As ive asked before, if its so bothersome to you, couldnt you bother to learn and do something about it? Devs arent just born devs and can magically create these things. They learned how. Why cant you learn how and fix all these problems yourself?
    There's 6 billion people in the world; there's only 1 of him.

    You'd think at least 1 billion of those could get their sh1t together and start writing some decent code
    Last edited by redcard; 2010-09-06 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

  15. #14
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    If I made an app (which I have) and choose not to update, that's my decision to make...just like its ur decision if u want to jailbreak your phone or not...or even purchase an app...ghe world isn't gonna stop because I don't want to update my apps...and updating apps isn't as easy as jail breaking,,,,this is just a cry from someone who wants apps updated badly..listen...I want proswitch as much as anybody else but guess what...I'm going to wait...not say HEY gimme the update or no jailbreak for you......

    Remember this...you need a jailbreak first so that an update can be made...apple doesn't tell developers to update their apps then they will release an update..

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

    drog92 (2010-09-06)

  17. #15
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iowa Park, Texas, United States
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    If I made an app (which I have) and choose not to update, that's my decision to make...just like its ur decision if u want to jailbreak your phone or not...or even purchase an app...ghe world isn't gonna stop because I don't want to update my apps...and updating apps isn't as easy as jail breaking,,,,this is just a cry from someone who wants apps updated badly..listen...I want proswitch as much as anybody else but guess what...I'm going to wait...not say HEY gimme the update or no jailbreak for you......

    Remember this...you need a jailbreak first so that an update can be made...apple doesn't tell developers to update their apps then they will release an update..
    thank you..... people ho make the apps dont have to update them..... well hell, they may have them updated just for themselves if they want..... no one has to do what you want them to do.... its as simple as that.....

  18. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    beyond the breaking point
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 163 Times in 147 Posts

    OP- GTFO...every post I've seen from you has been this same bs about devs not updating apps, dude nobody wants to hear your shiz, it's not helpful...as many have told you before in this thread and in the Springjump one where the actual DEV told you this: if you want it updated update it yourself but quit you're annoying whining
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    If I made an app (which I have) and choose not to update, that's my decision to make...just like its ur decision if u want to jailbreak your phone or not...or even purchase an app...ghe world isn't gonna stop because I don't want to update my apps...and updating apps isn't as easy as jail breaking,,,,this is just a cry from someone who wants apps updated badly..listen...I want proswitch as much as anybody else but guess what...I'm going to wait...not say HEY gimme the update or no jailbreak for you......

    Remember this...you need a jailbreak first so that an update can be made...apple doesn't tell developers to update their apps then they will release an update..
    So why didn't you update your app? lazy? too busy? You weren't too busy to JB your iPhone4 and spend hours on this forum. You're selfish, simple as that. Nobody likes selfish people... So have a nice lonely selfish life

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    There's plenty of apps working on IOS4.

    It's just a pity there's 1000s of crappy-assed themes clogging up the place that it takes half an hour to find them.

    The theme makers need to step up. Stop releasing crappy, ugly half-assed themes and trying to sell them for $2.99. Start working on some proper programs.



    I'm boycotting reading your comments



    There's 6 billion people in the world; there's only 1 of him.

    You'd think at least 1 billion of those could get their sh1t together and start writing some decent code
    Agree with everything you said *salutes*

  20. #18
    TheGuiltyPleasure, stop with all of the threads just made to whine and make people mad.

    Also, why can't a developer not get and jailbreak and iPhone 4 without updating an app? The jailbreak was the easiest one in 3 years and there is no reason that they need to update a probably unpopular app, because all the most important have been updated.

    And I don't have an personal experience with writing applications, but its not as easy and "updating" an app. Most Cydia apps probably have to be completely re-written, unlike App Store apps that are almost always cross- firmware compatible as they run in sandbox

  21. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA, Miami, Florida
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    TheGuiltyPleasure, stop with all of the threads just made to whine and make people mad.

    Also, why can't a developer not get and jailbreak and iPhone 4 without updating an app? The jailbreak was the easiest one in 3 years and there is no reason that they need to update a probably unpopular app, because all the most important have been updated.

    And I don't have an personal experience with writing applications, but its not as easy and "updating" an app. Most Cydia apps probably have to be completely re-written, unlike App Store apps that are almost always cross- firmware compatible as they run in sandbox
    Thats not true, winterBoard and some part of cydia the main app of the jailbroken system are no fully working on the new iOS4 yet
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Patato22 For This Useful Post:

    TheGuiltyPleasure (2010-09-07)

  23. #20
    Don't salute red card acting like you agree with everything he said... You do not agree with there bieng plenty of apps updated. Plenty is more than enough and your whole thread is whining that there is not enough?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •