Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone4 OS4.0 Jailbroken Stuck on boot logo

Default iPhone4 OS4.0 Jailbroken Stuck on boot logo
    hiya... i jus happened to install a few lib files from cydia and had my phone enter Safe mode... so tried to do a complete restore and then got it stuck in boot logo screen when rebooting...

tried the following but in vain
    1. tried retoring in itunes using the 4.0 ispw file (error 3194)
    2. tried my cydia SHSH through tinyumbrella (error 3002)

Quite stuck actually and never wanna update to 4.0.2... Pls help me frm havin my phone bein a brick!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

So you have SHSH then right? If so you can try editing your hosts files to point to cydia, here is a simple tool to do it, just right click on it, run as admin then follow the instructions.3Gs Downgrade Assistant | iPhone News, Help and Guides

thnx nyways for ur help... but the software seems to be frozen soon as i connect my device...

also my device goes to the boot logo screen as soon as i connect it to my usb...

Thanks

You need to put the phone in dfu mode then try restoring it. What type of iPhone do you have?
    You can try my guide here if it will help: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

hi ther... im using an iphone4 with OS4 installed... nver id an OS update till now...

im unable to put my device to DFU cos it still stuck in boot logo... when i turn down and connect via usb, the boot logo appears instantly... hence i could only go to the RESTORE mode...

also the edited hosts file couldnt be saved... get an error that another application is accessing it(although i closed all possible applications that could access it)...

STUCK!!!

Thanks

You can always get to dfu as long as your home and power buttons are working. First plug in iphone. When you see the apple logo, or even from restore mode you press and hold home and power button together for exactly 10 seconds. Then let go of power button while holding home button for an additional 10 seconds or until computer recognizes it. The screen should be all black. If you are having trouble editing your hosts files (you did right click on 3GS downgrade assistant and choose run as administrator right?) then use the other method from my guide using tiny umbrella to restore. You have to have SHSH for 4.0.1 for this to work though so if you don't you are going to be forced to upgrade to 4.0.2.

wud try this and let u know the response... thnx nyways for keepin up...