Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to remove MyWi

Default How to remove MyWi
    I had this installed for the trial and thought I removed it. When I search for wireless networks available on my laptop it still shows my iPhone MyWi as a network to connect to. I dont see it anywhere on my iPhone. How do I remove this from my iPhone? Does anyone have the path to the files to delete? Has this happened to other people?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It is probably just your laptop remembering what networks it has been on, it would fail to connect if you tried. Just delete from the laptop too.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    It is probably just your laptop remembering what networks it has been on, it would fail to connect if you tried. Just delete from the laptop too.
    No its not. I only discovered the issue while trouble shooting my network. My daughter couldnt connect on our normal network and was looking and saw my iphone. My iPhone is still broadcasting MyWi and I dont know why or where the files are. What is the directory where the app is store on the iphone?

Thanks

So you are still able to connect to it then. What happens if you turn off the phone does the network not show up anymore? As far as where it is on the phone it should be in the regular applications folder (not the mobile one where app store apps are). Check to see if you see it there via SSH or a usb file explorer program. Although it probably has some other files scattered here and there because of the system access it needs, not sure where they might be.

Sorry perhaps I am stupid and your were right. I deleted the connection off my laptop and searched for wireless networks in range and it doesnt come up. It was on my daughters laptop too so I thought it was still broadcasting. Maybe its gone. What is the normal path for JB apps? I want to check for it.

Thanks for your advice...

Thanks

JB apps are installed in the same directory as the apple installed apps (phone, ipod etc). Not sure of the exact path, my iphone is on 4.1 right now so not jailbroken so I cant check myself

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^NOYB111 ...

Cydia apps are installed in /Applications.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am trying to remove MyWi and MyWi on Demand, but it always comes back as an error. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've been trying to install a few things from other sources, but installing some of these items requires removal of MyWi on Demand, and it always doesn't complete because it always returns an error trying to remove MyWi on Demand.

this is what i did and it worked:

1. try and uninstall mywi ondemand from cydia

2. browse your phone's files with any file browser, I use ifunbox

3. do a search for ondemand, and delete every file. Double check the names of the file before you delete and make sure they say ondemand.

4. do a search for mywi, and delete every file. Double check the names of the file before you delete and make sure they say mywi. This search will also yield you myatt app files so make sure that you do not delete those.

5. reboot, and it should be fine now.

press the thanx button if that helped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have iFile. I used it to search through the files on my phone, found the ondemand files and deleted them. unfortunately, it is still doing the same thing. everything i try to install something, it always wants to remove mywi on demand, and so the cycle repeats itself. attempted removal, encounters error, doesn't complete download, quits. i think i'm just going to restore and re-jailbreak.

did you also search for the mywi files and deleted those? I still had them even though in uninstalled mywi through cydia

Cydia will not let me get anything because it always try's to remove mywi ondemand but get a 127 error! And I don't have Ifile or any of those