Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i'm stumped. DFU lead to blank screen and no mounting.

Default i'm stumped. DFU lead to blank screen and no mounting.
    Hey guys,

Tried to pwnagetool (previously jailbroken 3G 3.1.2 -> 4.0) my iphone and ended up getting errors (2006, 1604).

Now I can't return from DFU. Instead I have black screen, it doesn't seem to charge and it won't mount on any computer.

It should be noted that my power button has failed years ago, and usually i've just plugged it in if i ever needed a power button.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

my suggestion would just try to get a different phone or something..... do you have a windows computer?

i'd rather not get a new phone, and allocate my savings elsewhere! I have access to a windows box yes,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

try using redsn0w.... i personally like that one better.... but that would be my best guess to try to help you.... sorry wish i could help more....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

I would get your power button fixed. You need to put it in a user generated DFU mode, because there's no way of telling what the jailbreak did to your phone, but to get to DFU mode you need a power button.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

This prob won't work but worth a try. Search and download the program RecBoot, connect your iphone and run the program and click on reboot and see if it kicks your iphone out of reovery/dfu.

Thanks

Use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery.