Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreakme.com with an iphone 3gs WITHOUT a fresh iOS?

Default jailbreakme.com with an iphone 3gs WITHOUT a fresh iOS?
    Hey everyone,

I got my phone from apple with a fresh version of ios4, but it is just the 4.0 firmware.

I know though that it is the newer firmware because f0recast has told me so.

I cannot go back now and reinstall 4.0, nor 4.01 i guess. so what is the best method to jailbreak my phone with jailbreakme.com

can i just run the page on the phone? the phone has all my crap on it... 2 months worth of usage.

thanks in advance. i dont wanna destroy things.

Thanks

that's all there is to it, just run it from the phone (make sure you are on either wifi or 3G), just be careful what you install since you have no shsh's for 4.0 or 4.0.1 if you install something the phone doesn't like or causes a crash that requires a restore you will have to update to 4.0.2 for which there is no jailbreak available at this time, also make sure to sync the phone before jailbreaking (just a precaution)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

And do get TinyUmbrella and make sure that there aren't already blobs waiting for 4.0.1. If you check and they're not there...check for them again in a little while. My money says they'll be there.

well i tried for 4.0 and failed. 4.0.2 passed. thats strange since my ohone doesnt have 4.0.2 installed.

4.0.1 also fails.