Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yep. I Screwed Up.

Default Yep. I Screwed Up.
    So I was on iTunes syncing my iPhone and I saw that there was about 3gb of "other" listed. So I figured that this was just stuff I had from jailbreaking. After I was finished syncing, I went into iFile to see what the heck was taking up so much room. It turns out that there was duplicates of a ton of jailbreak apps. Like some apps were still there from when I had upgraded to iOS 4.0.1 Then re-jailbroke. So me being the genius that I am, I decided to send these folders to the trash. I didn't think they were doing anything other than taking up room. So my phone freezes up and attempts to respring. It just stayed on the apple screen, then it went to the other apple screen you get after you jailbreak it using jailbreakme. THEN it went back to the original apple screen. It just continues to do this.

So there's a lesson in deleting stuff. Is there anyway to fix this or will I have to restore the thing? I don't want to upgrade to 4.0.2

I never did that tinyumbrella thing with the blobs. Can I still do that? I haven't attempted to plug it into my macbook because I'm at work.

I know with iFile that nothing is deleted off of it until you delete it from the trash. Maybe I can find a way to get in there once it's plugged into my comp. I downloaded that program that "mounts" your iPhone to the desktop. So maybe that will work?

Any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Old bootrom or new?

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Old bootrom or new?
    How Do I tell? It's an iPhone 3gs 32 gb, I got it in October of 2009. So I'm gonna say old?

Also, the name of the software i'm using to mount it is called macFUSE
    Last edited by lastactionhero; 2010-09-02 at 09:47 PM.

The serial number, starts with mb or mc? U can look on the box

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lastactionhero View Post
    How Do I tell? It's an iPhone 3gs 32 gb, I got it in October of 2009. So I'm gonna say old?

I would just restore to custom firmware go here:

How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS to 4.0 with PwnageTool | OS X

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So I was on iTunes syncing my iPhone and I saw that there was about 3gb of "other" listed. So I figured that this was just stuff I had from jailbreaking. After I was finished syncing, I went into iFile to see what the heck was taking up so much room. It turns out that there was duplicates of a ton of jailbreak apps. Like some apps were still there from when I had upgraded to iOS 4.0.1 Then re-jailbroke. So me being the genius that I am, I decided to send these folders to the trash. I didn't think they were doing anything other than taking up room. So my phone freezes up and attempts to respring. It just stayed on the apple screen, then it went to the other apple screen you get after you jailbreak it using jailbreakme. THEN it went back to the original apple screen. It just continues to do this.

So there's a lesson in deleting stuff. Is there anyway to fix this or will I have to restore the thing? I don't want to upgrade to 4.0.2

I never did that tinyumbrella thing with the blobs. Can I still do that? I haven't attempted to plug it into my macbook because I'm at work.

I know with iFile that nothing is deleted off of it until you delete it from the trash. Maybe I can find a way to get in there once it's plugged into my comp. I downloaded that program that "mounts" your iPhone to the desktop. So maybe that will work?

Any suggestions?
    If you've had it jailbroken for awhile, then Cydia grabs the shsh's automatically when the new one's are being signed by apple. Download tiny umbrella and you'll know what you have.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

The 1st five serial number starting from the left can tell you if it is old or new.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-03 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    The serial number, starts with mb or mc? U can look on the box
    MC

Ok, so I have it plugged in and my computer isn't recognizing it. I think i may have deleted something important...uh oh

Thanks

Put it in Dfu or recovery mode will recognize it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

lastactionhero (2010-09-03)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Put it in Dfu or recovery mode will recognize it
    Ah man thanks. Ok it's in recovery mode right now. Should I just go through the process of using pwnage tool?

Thanks

Only if ur iPhone is still jailbroken, then u can restore to cfw

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah man thanks. Ok it's in recovery mode right now. Should I just go through the process of using pwnage tool?
    You have a mc model a tethered jailbreak won't work with pwnage tool. You need to restore to 4.0.1 if you have SHSH blobs saved for it and use www. jailbreakme .com from your iphone to JB it.

If you don't have your shsh blobs for for 4.0.1 then you are SOL.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

So is it going?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    You have a mc model a tethered jailbreak won't work with pwnage tool. You need to restore to 4.0.1 if you have SHSH blobs saved for it and use www. jailbreakme .com from your iphone to JB it.

If you don't have your shsh blobs for for 4.0.1 then you are SOL.
    Being MC model has nothing to do with whether its an old or new bootrom!

I can testify to that as my 3gs is MC model and it is old bootrom.

Ok wait. My iphone IS jailbroken, it's on 4.0.1 already, will this pwnage tool work still?

Thanks

You are already jailbroken, that is the benefits of using cfw. Now go to Cydia and do your things.
    Next time if you ever need to restore, put your Iphone into recovery mode and restore to custom firmware again. You can also downgrade & upgrade using custom firmware of any version you like. Enjoy.

Itunes does not want me to do this or something. It's been giving me error message 1604 every time. I tried plugging it straight into my macbook without the dock. Then I unplugged all the other things in the usb ports

Thanks

what are you trying to do now ? I thought you have already Jailbreak your Iphone. Give me your first five Serial number starting from the left.

You are getting error 1604 is because you are trying to jailbreak using Custom Firmware, it is either your Iphone has the New bootrom or your Iphone wasn't jailbroken yet before proceeding to custom firmware.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-03 at 03:02 AM.

first 5=85936.

I first jailbroke it on spirit to jail break 3.1.3. Then I did it on jailbreakme for 4.0.1

*post edited for personal stupidity*
    Last edited by fight; 2010-09-03 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Personal retardation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast