Okay so i just wanted to report this as it may help some other noob on here. LOL.

Its Currently 4:14 in the AM on this fine west coast.

Ive been working on my iphone for 4 or 5 hours trying to figure this out.

I have a 3g that was on 3.1.2 and i tried to unlock it. For some reason it crashed. It was stuck on the apple logo and would not boot.

I had all my ducks in a row. SHSH blobs, Sauriks Server IP setup in my hosts file, everything, the whole nine yards.

I tried several different IPSW 4.0 downloads.

However everytime i tried to go from my 3.1.2 to 4.0 with sauriks signature server, i still got error 3194.

Heres the kicker.

I rebooted my comp and it worked fine. I just knew it had to be an issue with the phone or iTunes so i never even bothered. Grrrr Arrrggh. But when you update the host files, it doesnt take effect until after you reboot. So yea. Thats my Dumb *** story for today. Hopefully some is frustrade and searches and finds this and spends a few less hours pulling out their hair.

Thanks. Good Luck everyone.

P.S. I had to go from 3.1.2 to 4.0 because they were the only Blobs i had on file. And with a stuck phone i didnt have much choice but restore from DFU.

Oh and BTW does anyone know why The ultrasn0w unlock may have effed my phone up. I know for fact it was working just fine then as soon as i downoaded the unlock from cydia, i havent seen a springboard since. ????? TYIA