Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How much time do i have? 4.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How much time do i have? 4.1
    Hi, im still waiting for my iphone 4 to arrive and now that 4.1 gm has been release i guess the public version will be around the corner.

My question is how much time will i have to save shsh blobs on 4.1 (even 4.0.2) before apple stop signing them?
    Ive missed out on 4.0.1 already so my best chamce of a jailbreak lies in one of these firmwares.

Another question... Is it 100% that there will be a jb for 4.1? Or is it just a rumour?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You don't have to jailbreak to save your SHSH. So as soon as you get it run tinyumbrella.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Your iPhone 4 will probably come with 4.0.2 loaded on it.

SHSH blobs for 4.0.2 will be signed up until (and probably a bit after) September 8th. 4.1 blobs will be available starting on the day of public release (penciled in as the 8th) and until another firmware is released (no idea when that will be, however).

I cannot say anything for sure, but I know of (and that's it) a bootrom and iBoot exploit pair that should still work (Geohot's pwned4life/chronicdev's greenp0ison).

If I were them, I wouldn't release those exploits until iOS 4.2 (at least) so all the devices (nano, possibly iTV, iPad, all eight iPhones/iPod touches) will have the same jailbreak and it'll be much more onerous for Apple to change the bootroms mid-run again (they'll have lots of inventory in stock and a much larger install-base for permanently jailbreak-able devices).