Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 questions

Default Iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 questions
    I am trying to help a friend who has a JB 3gs running 3.1.2 ... they no longer have the computer that they were using to sync the phone with ... how do I go about syncing the phone with a new computer without losing anything? Also what firmware do you suggest we upgrade to or should we leave it at 3.1.2

Thanks in Advance

eenofonn

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Leave it at 3.1.2. Since it's already jailbroken, look in Cydia to see if blobs are saved.

If you plug this phone into a Windows machine, an autoplay window should pop up, allowing you to copy off all of the pics on the camera roll.

As for the rest of the stuff, like calendars and notes, set it up to save to a Google account, and that should copy off to the cloud.

Music? You'll have to get some nice third party application like MediaWidget that will let you copy the music and videos off. Just google "save music from iPod", and I'm sure you'll come up with several good methods.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

The new computer that the iphone is going to sync to needs to have his itunes account authorized on it. Then he can right click his phone and choose transfer purchases, this will bring all of the apps from the iphone to his itunes account on the computer.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-09-02 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

I will give that a try...

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    The new computer that the iphone is going to sync to needs to have his itunes account authorized on it. Then he can right click his phone and choose transfer purchases, this will bring all his apps from the iphone to his itunes account on his computer.

I think I like this idea... Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by eenofonn; 2010-09-02 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost