Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't boot past apple logo

Default iPhone won't boot past apple logo
    My iPhone wont load past the apple logo before turning off. I notice that while at this apple logo a moving loading circle is overlayed on top of the apple logo.

This leads me to think that my springboard may have been screwed up and thus preventing the device from booting.

I have read this thread http://modmyi.com/forums/general/710...pple-logo.html but unfortunately the download links are dead.

I have successfully put the device into DFU mode and tried restoring to 3.1.3 through iTunes but it tells me it cannot be restored error 21.

My device is an iPhone 3G running 3.1.3 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.1.

Please help.
    Edit Poseidon: Even though you edited your post to try and hide the fact that you installed a cracked app... don't expect any help.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-09-01 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sucks to be you. Don't try and steal and maybe you're phone wouldn't crap out on you When you get done crying go read the forum rules again as this site does not allow the discussion of cracked apps, pirate sites, warez, installation... or helping you out when your pirate activities go wrong. That is all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (2010-09-01)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Sucks to be you. Don't try and steal and maybe you're phone wouldn't crap out on you When you get done crying go read the forum rules again as this site does not allow the discussion of cracked apps, pirate sites, warez, installation... or helping you out when your pirate activities go wrong. That is all.
    HAHAHA, thanks, i wanted to say this, but coming from a mod, and orange type, it worked out better.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Sorry about that, I'm in a rush to solve this problem as I need the phone tomorrow for a trip.

Can I please get some help?

EDIT: Well the restore to 4.0.2 seems to work, I guess I will downgrade it to 3.1.3 afterwards.

Thanks for nothing.
    Last edited by mechanical; 2010-09-01 at 10:46 PM.

downgrade to 3.1.3 or even 4.0.1 if it saved the SHSH for that file.
    and PAY FOR GAMES / APPS

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    downgrade to 3.1.3 or even 4.0.1 if it saved the SHSH for that file.
    and PAY FOR GAMES / APPS
    I do if I find the app worthy of my money otherwise they get deleted. Also, money doesn't grow on trees and I understand its selfish of me but its a dog eat dog world.

edit ur hosts file then try and download 4.0.1 then try that if not you will have to put 3.1.3 on

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    edit ur hosts file then try and download 4.0.1 then try that if not you will have to put 3.1.3 on
    Thanks but I've got 3.1.3 running already.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL!
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter