Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH 4.0.2 on file in Cydia

Default SHSH 4.0.2 on file in Cydia
    Anyone know why Cydia is saying I have 4.0.2 on file, in addition to 4.0 and 4.0.1? I'm on 4.0.1. Sorry if this is a silly question. I just JB my phone and am still working through the details.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Once you've taken action to save your SHSH on Cydia, it automatically saves SHSHs for available iOS versions as they become available. It's a good system, as you'll never have to worry going forward if you have SHSHs saved for your device.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if you just jailbroke then i dont know how you would have them for 4.0, or 4.0.1..... but it is saying that so that when a new firmware is released and you update to it by accident, then you can use something like tiyumbrella to downgrade back to a jailbreakable firmware..... but as of right now the 4.0.2 is not jailbreakable except on iphone 3g and non MC model ipod touches......

Thanks

No, he's just wondering how 4.0.2 got there, as he had neither installed that iOS nor taken any action to save the 4.0.2 blob. I just explained that he didn't need to take any action after he pressed "make my life easier" once.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

i also have 4.0.2 yet have not updated to it.
    im guessing that sauriks shsh blob thing can work out new blobs for different FW's whether you been on them or not.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    i also have 4.0.2 yet have not updated to it.
    im guessing that sauriks shsh blob thing can work out new blobs for different FW's whether you been on them or not.
    You're guessing correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    Once you've taken action to save your SHSH on Cydia, it automatically saves SHSHs for available iOS versions as they become available. It's a good system, as you'll never have to worry going forward if you have SHSHs saved for your device.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info. As you can probably tell this is my first JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's weird. I am running on i4 4.0.1, but my SHSH in Cydia says 4.0.2 saved. LOL.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not too weird, you dont have to be on a certain fw to get the SHSHs for it. Same as if you are on a certain fw you cant get the SHSHs for it even if youre on that fw if you didnt save them thru Cydia or TU when Apple is still signing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can be at 4.0.1 and do the jailbreaking eventhough apple has stopped signing the fw, but Cydia will not be able to capture your shsh blogs, cydia can only grab what apple is signing now. That is why you only have 4.0.2 shsh blogs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

itsmejdn (2010-09-09)

I saw somewhere that you can save blobs locally. Is that possible and how would you do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwohayes View Post
    I saw somewhere that you can save blobs locally. Is that possible and how would you do it?
    TinyUmbrella does that for you. TinyUmbrella can send a request to Apple's TSS server OR Cydia for blobs, and save them locally to a folder on your system.

Even better, when you use TU to make a request to Cydia, if it's a firmware that's being signed that Cydia has not yet saved for you, or Cydia's never saved any for you previously, Cydia will pass the request to Apple's TSS server, save the result, and pass the blobs on to you to save locally on your system. It's a good way to not have to worry about the "TSS request pending" message.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

cwohayes (2010-09-10)

Learn something new every day. Thanks very much