Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Funky issue, anyone know what's up?

Default Funky issue, anyone know what's up?
    Hey guys first time poster here, been jailbreaking for a long time now and never had a problem I couldn't solve on my own or google away.. But this issue I'm having is puzzling.. And aggravating

I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS ios 4.0.1 using jailbreakme.com and installed tons of apps from cydia etc.. Since yesterday whenever I get a text message or push notification while my phone is locked, the screen shows up and displays the message, but the screen does not go to black after a few seconds as it always has (and should). This is killing my battery life, and I can't figure out why its doing this.

Also having trouble restoring my phone (apple error - won't allow it for whatever reason) so I'm truly stuck here. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

The error code itunes is giving you would help tremendously
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

schaefnaa1 (2010-09-01)

Hey thanks for the reply, when trying to restore iTunes tells me "Cannot be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build"

I think its due to iTunes version 9.2.1 installed versus 9.2 when I last backed up my iphone to it... I started digging into how to downgrade iTunes and even tracked down and dl'd the version I needed, but I have so much music stuff config'd the way I like it I don't wanna mess with that.

On the bright side, I decided to just remove every single package installed in Cydia and see what happened. After a hard reset everything's back to normal and I've since reinstalled most of what I had before and the issue is resolved. I'm still curious what was behind the issue but the result is what I care about most. Thanks for the help all the same.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Some app was conflicting it would seem! Glad your sorted now!

The device isn't eligible thing would indicate your haven't saved your shsh