Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: possible to untether jailbreak&unlock 3GS new_brom on any FW3.0+ ?

Unhappy possible to untether jailbreak&unlock 3GS new_brom on any FW3.0+ ?
    Sorry for possibly re-asking the same questions. After 2 days on Google and reading forums I still don't have a clear answer.

My device: iPhone 3GS 32GB
    current FW: 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Baseband: 05.11.07
    Bootrom: new
    Jaibroken and unlocked with Blackra1n (tethered)

Question: Is there an untethered jaibreak and unlock for my device for any FW from 3.1.2 (my current) or higher ?

Also just an unlock without jaibreak - if anything like that exists - would do.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Riva_art; 2010-09-01 at 04:50 PM.
    - iPhone game developers

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreakme and Spirit will each give you untethered jailbreaks. But of course, you'll have to restore to unjailbroken condition. Which leads me to...

I don't know if you have blobs saved, so if you do, you'll have to answer for which ones you do have. Since this wouldn't be your first jailbreak, I'd be willing to guess that you have at least 3.1.2 blobs. Cydia's front page will tell you what you have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

Riva_art (2010-09-02)

Thank you Sam

Blobs: I have SHSH on server for 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1
    So yes, I can do clean install to one of those.

I think I understand it now. So now the blackra1n unlock works with both jaibreak options (?)
    From some (earlier?) tutorials I got that at least Spirit jaibroken iPhone can't be unlocked afterwards.

Or can I preserve my current ulock somehow through clear 3.1.2 install ?
    I have read some guides stating that it can be done but they never say how to do it. Can you please advice?

Thanks aqain for the info so far
    - iPhone game developers

Thanks

Once you do the restore you'll need a sim from the phones official carrier to get past the emergency call screen(or a phonebook sim). Both spirit and jailbreakme require the phone to be activated and on the springboard. Once you've jailbroken with one of those two install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock.

I don't have original carrier sim Im affraid.

So theres no way to preserve unlock through restore ?
    (I thought some previous "custom" FW installations didn't touch the unlock ..)

And the phone will end in un-activated state again after restore, even thought I already activated it once before ?(after puchase, before 1st jaibreak-unlock)

Sorry for asking about every detail, but Im trying not to end up with locked phone without any option.
    - iPhone game developers

Im sorry if I am intruding on the conversation but I can't find anything clear about my options for upgrading to 4.01.

My situation is as follows:

1. (TinyUmbrella info)
    Device: iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Model: MC137LL/A
    Name: jasonís iPhone
    Baseband: 05.12.01 - 6.4_M3S2
    2. SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.01, and 4.02 using tiny umbrella
    3. Jailbroken with Spirit
    4. Using Mac OSX 10.6.4 and iTunes 10

What are my upgrading options because I've have not found a definite answer or guide since since the anouncement of 4.0 and I have searched for about 2 hours twice a week until now.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Jason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_art View Post

And the phone will end in un-activated state again after restore, even thought I already activated it once before ?(after puchase, before 1st jaibreak-unlock)

Sorry for asking about every detail, but Im trying not to end up with locked phone without any option.
    Yes a custom firmware will hacktivate the phone for you, eliminating the need for a sim. That is IF your phone will accept a custom fw. Not all phones will. When you reboot your phone do you have to run blackra1n every time to get it to boot? If you do then your phone has a new bootrom and will NOT accept custom fw's. In that case you would have to do a normal restore to a higher fw and you WILL need a sim to activate the phone. It has to be activated after every restore. On the other hand if your phone boots normally right now that means you have an old bootrom so you would be able to use custom fw's. Use pwnage tool(Mac) or sn0wbreeze(windows) to create a custom 4.0.1 and shift+click restore to that.

Quote Originally Posted by rymetyme View Post
    Im sorry if I am intruding on the conversation but I can't find anything clear about my options for upgrading to 4.01.

My situation is as follows:

1. (TinyUmbrella info)
    Device: iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Model: MC137LL/A
    Name: jasonís iPhone
    Baseband: 05.12.01 - 6.4_M3S2
    2. SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.01, and 4.02 using tiny umbrella
    3. Jailbroken with Spirit
    4. Using Mac OSX 10.6.4 and iTunes 10

What are my upgrading options because I've have not found a definite answer or guide since since the anouncement of 4.0 and I have searched for about 2 hours twice a week until now.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Jason
    Download 4.0.1 from the downloads section of this site. Start up tiny umbrella and click the start TSS button. Then in iTunes hold shift while clicking restore and browse to the fw you downloaded.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-09-03 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_art View Post

You can get sim cards on ebay pretty cheap.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Download 4.0.1 from the downloads section of this site. Start up tiny umbrella and click the start TSS button. Then in iTunes hold shift while clicking restore and browse to the fw you downloaded.
    won't this kill my jailbreak and doesn't my new bootrom keep me from rejailbreaking 4.01
    Last edited by rymetyme; 2010-09-05 at 07:23 AM.