Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pending TSS Request w/iPad 3.2.1 - Upgraded to 3.2.2 unfortunately

Default Pending TSS Request w/iPad 3.2.1 - Upgraded to 3.2.2 unfortunately
    Hey Guys,

So my wife won an iPad last night and the first thing I go to do is jail break it via the jailbreakme.com website. I have it jailbroken for approximately 8 hours before I decide I want to be able to merge icons together into folders, like iPhone 4.0 (who knew they would be different OS's).. so I had already clicked the "Make my life easier" button in cydia and had a "Pending TSS Request" with iPad 3.2.1.

However, while it was still 'pending', I went ahead and upgraded to 3.2.2, since I figured it was not 4.0.2 which would make me jailbreak-proof (remember, I didn't know iPad and iPhone OS's were any different).

What I'm wondering... is if Cydia already took everything it needed from my iPad when I clicked "make my life easier" and put my iPad in "pending tss request" status, or if it is taking pieces of what it needs a bit at a time?

Maybe I can explain my question better.

Does cydia already have everything it needs from my 3.2.1 installation and will my 'pending tss request' eventually become something I can roll back from 3.2.2 with? From what I'm reading, though nothing has been definitive, my clicking of the "make my life easier" button actually sent my ECID to saurik's server which will then place it in some queue for processing about a week later. If this IS the case, I should be good in about a week to restore.

If I am simply in a queue to send my data to saurik when I clicked the "make my life easier" button, and none of my device data, aside from maybe my queue position, has been sent to saurik, and it is planning on retrieving the info it needs in order to create the SHSH blob once my time in queue is finished... then I am kind of screwed.

However, even in the best case scenario where saurik has everything he needs from my device the instant I click "make my life easier", I am now hearing that apple stopped signing SHSH requests after August 19th, and I *just* got this thing yesterday, August 30th. If saurik is relying on taking my ECID and then making a request to Apple, which they are no longer servicing, then even though I did my part, I would still be screwed either way.

Can someone respond back definitively? I see alot of people out there having the same type of question but maybe not knowing how to word it properly. This would clear up quite a bit of confusion for myself, and for many others, I'm sure.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

You are out of luck, once apple stops signing the shsh blobs for that firmaware it will never process the pending request on cydia.

You will have to wait for the new firmware to be released for the ipad to jb it again.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

So I guess I'm still confused with how this whole 'signing' process works. Saurik is taking my ECID and making a request to Apple in order to retrieve the SHSH blob? If this is the case, how does that 'tinyumbrella' app create SHSH blobs and store them automatically? I didn't look into 'tinyumbrella' prior to upgrading to 3.2.2, unfortunately, but would someone on a 3.2.1 firmware using tinyumbrella not be able to get an SHSH blob anymore because of this recent apple service problem?

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Tinyumbrella and or cydia/Saurik is just providing a service for you. It can only obtain and save the shsh blobs for your specific ecid if apple is still signing them. It is just taking these signed files and saving them so you have them to use down the road, if needed.

If you want to have a better understanding of the process go to this website and download the readme file for tu. The Firmware Umbrella
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

When you pressed "make my life easier", Apple had already stopped signing 3.2.1 You had no chance to get a 3.2.1 blob, because Apple doesn't make them anymore.

As to TU, when used properly, it transmits the request to Cydia, which then will pass it on to Apple's TSS server, if Cydia doesn't already have the blobs saved. If Cydia has them already, or Apple's TSS server returns a blob from the request, Cydia will pass the saved blob to TU to keep locally on your PC or Mac.