Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 NOT upgrading to 4.0.1 WITH SHSH?

  1. #21
    yes im on itunes 9.2.1.5?

  2. #22
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by philly13 View Post
    yes im on itunes 9.2.1.5?
    Alright, don't use tss server instead point your hosts file to Cydia by adding this line

    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    and the rest of the contents in your hosts file must be commented out by #
    Save it again
    And do the shift + restore.

  3. #23
    Itunes keeps telling me " The iphone could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the request build."

    I have a 3GS running 3.1.3 and is jailbroken using SPIRIT JB and trying to upgrade to 4.0.1

    I have the updated 4.0.1 file and Im using itunes 9.2, but everytime I hold the Option key on MAC and click RESTORE, and point iTunes to the correct file everything is fine. It says

    "iTunes will erase and restore your iphone to iOS4.0.1 and will verify the restore with apple."

    Then I recieve the message: " The iphone could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the request build."

    Help please, have been doing these jailbreaks since 1.1.4 but that was on PC now Im on a MAC and have ran into a wall LOL.

  4. #24
    so what excatly should i have in the hosts file fully and i willy just copy and paste it just to make sure it is defiantly right!

  5. #25
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Just the line at the bottom, look like this

    #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

    Quote Originally Posted by GiftedGoldfinger View Post
    Itunes keeps telling me " The iphone could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the request build."

    I have a 3GS running 3.1.3 and is jailbroken using SPIRIT JB and trying to upgrade to 4.0.1

    I have the updated 4.0.1 file and Im using itunes 9.2, but everytime I hold the Option key on MAC and click RESTORE, and point iTunes to the correct file everything is fine. It says

    "iTunes will erase and restore your iphone to iOS4.0.1 and will verify the restore with apple."

    Then I recieve the message: " The iphone could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the request build."

    Help please, have been doing these jailbreaks since 1.1.4 but that was on PC now Im on a MAC and have ran into a wall LOL.
    I don't know much about Mac, but you must have shsh blogs stored with Cydia and you have to edit your hosts file to point to Cydia.
    So when it is doing the verification, Itunes thinks that Cydia Server is Apple server and if Cydia Server can locate your shsh blogs , then it will approve.

    Your First step is to find out if you have the shsh file, download the latest tiny Umbrella and grab it from Cydia, You will have to click Advanced Option under tiny umbrella.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-01 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    David666 (2010-09-05)

  7. #26
    right so delete what i put in there before and replace it with that

    also do i not start the tss server on tinyumbrella

  8. #27
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by philly13 View Post
    right so delete what i put in there before and replace it with that

    also do i not start the tss server on tinyumbrella
    You don't have to delete it, just put this sign infront #, then it won't read it.
    Yes, don't start tss server.

  9. #28
    yeah at the top CYDIA says " This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1"

    I guess now i have to use TERMINAL to point it to CYDIA,

  10. #29
    whoops i deleted it now

    would you able to copy everything that should be in my hosts file cause its confusing me!

  11. #30
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GiftedGoldfinger View Post
    yeah at the top CYDIA says " This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1"

    I guess now i have to use TERMINAL to point it to CYDIA,
    Nope, read ths instructions on this thread that I am helping Philip.
    Use notepad to edit your hosts file on a pc.

    Read this, it tells you how to point to Cydia or go on Youtube.
    Edit : http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

    Quote Originally Posted by philly13 View Post
    whoops i deleted it now

    would you able to copy everything that should be in my hosts file cause its confusing me!
    Whoa, I hope your pc can still bootup. You are not a 13 years old kid, are you ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-01 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #31
    okay appreciate it, thanks for the help

  13. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    whoa, i hope your pc can still bootup. You are not a 13 years old kid, are you ?
    lawl
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  14. #33
    hahaha no im not 13, im just dont understand what should be in the hosts file?

  15. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by philly13 View Post
    hahaha no im not 13, im just dont understand what should be in the hosts file?
    Editing the hosts file is like giving directions to the computer. You're bypassing the individual programs. In the instance of iTunes, when it wants to restore, it sends a request to Apple at the address gs.apple.com. When you edit the hosts file, you're telling your computer, that if it gets a request from any program, to go to gs.apple.com, the program should be sent to the IP you typed into the hosts file instead.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •