Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I get ios4 jailbroken on my iPhone?

Default Can I get ios4 jailbroken on my iPhone?
    I'm jailbroken with spirit on 3.1.3 new bootrom. (3gs) I want to go to ios4 only if it's jailbreakable. What should I do? I have blobs saved in cydia for 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.01 if that makes any difference. Just there's a few apps I want that require ios4. Or should I just stick with my perfectly good 3.1.3 jailbreak? Thanks

Yes but you have to use the shsh blobs. Use tiny umbrella and start the TSS server than do a restore or update to 4.0.1

What is tiny umbrella? And what is TSS. Thought i was quite knowledgable on these things but don't know those terms.

Any more help guys?
    Last edited by Sailor-girl; 2010-08-31 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need SHSHs to restore cuz Apple is only signing 4.0.2 now which is only jailbreakable on 3G phones.

If you didnt save 4.0 or 4.0.1 you can only go up to 4.0.2 which you cannot jailbreak.

Get TinyUmbrella on your comp and click "Display SHSH" to see if you have any saved. If it doesnt, you cant go to 4.0/1 and will have to stay where you are.

Even if you cant do anything if you dont have the SHSHs, be sure to save 4.0.2 SHSHs now with TinyUmbrella or Cydia's "make my life easier" for future use.

So I've got 4.01 saved. What now?

Now you use Tiny Umbrella with the TSS server running and a downloaded 4.01 file from here (if you download the file with Internet explorer, you will have to change the extension from .zip to .ipsw) or use firefox, and no file extension change needed, start phone in dfu mode, and then hold shift key while you click on restore in Itunes, and pick the file you have downloaded, it will use Tiny Umbrella to verify file authorization rather that apple, and all should go easily. I would make sure that I have a current sync, and that I set it up as a New Phone when it asks. For the 3gs you will need to do JailbreakMe.com, for the 3g you can do same, or Redsnow again but version 9.5b5-5 Good Luck