Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: maybe a dump ECID question but...

Default maybe a dump ECID question but...
    hello there,

iam not new to all this stuff, but normally i do more reading than writing. I have 2 Iphone 4 here, we call one Iphone 4A and the other 4B, Iphone 4A with 4.0.1 on it and Iphone 4B with 4.0.2 on it (out of the box), now because the Iphone 4A is jailbreaked and the ECID is saved at cydia i can not believe that noone made a program to fake a ecid request to the cydia servers.

Changeing or faking the ECID of Iphone 4A with the ECID of Iphone 4B will result in creating a signed request for putting SHSH files to the cydia servers, after the pending tss request is done, it must be possible to downgrade Iphone 4B with Itunes and the modified host files pointing to cydia.

or am i wrong with this process? The only thing transfered to the cydia servers is the ECID to create the SHSH blobs.

Reading the ECID from Windows is easy by reading out the ECID of the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. So that i read out the ECID of the phone it must be possible to fake this ECID on an jailbroken device on firmware 4.0.1.

thanks

mollet

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes, if you had typed in the ECID of 4B while Apple was still signing 4.0.1 requests, the 4.0.1 SHSH would be stored on Cydia, but you didn't and that's why it won't work now. Cydia can't generate SHSHs. All it can do is store them while Apple is still giving them out.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

ahh well ... ok didnt think on that.