Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help me restore iPhone 4 to 4.0.1

Thanks

if you don't have shsh's for 4.0.1 then be patient, there will hopefully be a jailbreak release with the iOS 4.1 release sometime this month

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    Ok this is the deal.. I have a iphone 4 and it always had 4.0.1 and i used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak the phone. Now something happened to the phone and it will not boot up. I am able to bring th Phone to DUF mode and i tired to restore the phone back to 4.0.1 by adding 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com in the hosts file then used itunes OPTION+ selecting the 4.0.1 firmware. after all that itunes still says my device isnt eligible... Can some one Please help me... I dont wanto update it to 4.0.2 i want 4.0.1 back

Also i have a feeling my itunes is still connecting to the apple server not 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com for some reason... or did the address change

anyone?
    hello .. i tried to save my shsh but cydia doesnt hav one ... and apple does ... so now cant i unlock the iphone ??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

The answer is NO, if apple says you have it, meaning you have the 4.1 shsh , you can save this 4.1 shsh locally or push it to Cydia so that you can restore later when needed. Now you have the 4.1 BB, you have to wait for a new jailbreak and unlock too.

yes press option/shift and click restore in itunes and select the firmware you need downloaded from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

As far as I know Tinyumbrella does the hosts file for you so you shouldn't have to, but some people say to do both

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345