Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help me restore iPhone 4 to 4.0.1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    i just read some there that you cant do it tru advance tab while in duf mode on Iphone 4... You have the 3g or 3gs and it can be done on that with ECID but not the iphone
    I guess you are right, I only have the 3GS , maybe that is why I could do it.

Do you remember, when your iphone was jailbroken at 4.0.1 , did you see the green letters on the front page of Cydia.

You can use USBview to find out your ECID too.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-08-31 at 07:59 AM.

hey guys, won't it be easier trying to restore your iPhone to FW4.0.2 1st, then use tiny to download your previously saved SHSH (which we're all assuming you've backed up with Cydia, cos if not, then you're stuck). Since Cydia uses your ECID to identify your SHSH, and that doesn't change when you upgrade your FW. If you're sure you've backed them up on Saurik's server, this will be the easiest solution for you. Just my 2cents worth at least...

Cheers,
    HiLMi

bmengstrom
    have u tried to do a restore in itunes using tiny server running in the background, and left shift clicking on restore to choose your ipsw file that u downloaded?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmengstrom View Post
    have u tried to do a restore in itunes using tiny server running in the background, and left shift clicking on restore to choose your ipsw file that u downloaded?
    He hasn't got his 4.0.1 shsh backup onto tiny umbrella. His iphone is frozen at apple logo.

I know putting it into recovery mode will not allow to save shsh blogs but keying in the ECID manually will activate the Save shsh function on my 3GS, he said he can't do it.

bmengstrom
    I thought Tiny redirected the itunes to cydia server where his shsh might be saved. the shsh are also saved on local, but only incase cydia is down? i may be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmengstrom View Post
    I thought Tiny redirected the itunes to cydia server where his shsh might be saved. the shsh are also saved on local, but only incase cydia is down? i may be wrong.
    When you start tiny server , the verification is done locally. That is why the pointing to Cydia should be opted out. You can't have both at the same time...

and I am not sure if he has his ECID keyed in, he did not mention anything.

Yes i do have ECID and i entered in..

My thing is there is no way for my iphone 4 to boot up so how will it get the SHSH from it?
    Last edited by Gobi; 2010-08-31 at 08:27 AM.

the way i see it, you've got nothing to lose if you're sure that you've backed up your SHSH to Cydia when you JB'ed your iDevice the 1st time round. So, you can consider restoring to 4.0.2, then use Tiny to download your SHSH from Cydia once your i4 is up and running.

Hilmi

i can do that but i dont think its a wise idea for me upgrade.. if i do how would it SHSH when cydia not on there,..

i can do that but i dont think its a wise idea for me upgrade.. if i do how would it SHSH when cydia not on there,..
    you dont need cydia on the phone to back up the shsh blob

the thing is, you do not need Cydia to be on there to be able to retrieve your SHSH which you backed up previously (this is based on the assumption that you did do it when you JB'ed your device the 1st time round). You only need to connect the device to your PC and use Tiny Umbrella to be able to retrieve your SHSH from Cydia's servers.

If you're sure that you did back up your SHSH with Cydia the 1st time round (Cydia will always prompt you to "Make Life Easier" the 1st time you start Cydia...), then all is good. Let me know if you did, then I can guide you through using Tiny to retrieve your SHSH after you use iTunes to restore to FW 4.0.2 (you can only do this as Apple has stopped signing off on FW 4.0.1). And since you can't retrieve your SHSH from Cydia in the current state that your iPhone 4 is in, basically all you need to do is restore the iPhone 1st, then use Tiny to retrieve (it does it based on your ECID, which it will be able to discover/recognise once it's alive again.). But remember, all this is based on the assumption that you did back it up. If nothing else, at least your iDevice is alive again and not just a pretty expensive paperweight.

Hilmi

are you SURE about that

alright screw it.. i am going to do this...

I think i must have did it.. coz on top it did say in green some thing about SHSH... but i guess well find out soon..
    Last edited by Gobi; 2010-08-31 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

are you SURE about that

alright screw it.. i am going to do this...

I think i must have did it.. coz on top it did say in green some thing about SHSH... but i guess well find out soon..
    positive ive been doing this iphone think for a while , good luck....

I'm sure of it. Tiny does not need Cydia to run. Once you've restored, let me know. I'll guide you through the rest of it if you need the help. If so, IM would be better.

Hilmi

alright dude if you say so.. my phone is just getting updated as we speak you have no idea how depress i am to see this... I just love jail broken app too mush lol...

ok just got the phone back up and i was able to SHSH to iphone4 4.0.2... now what?
    Last edited by Gobi; 2010-08-31 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hahaha... i know how you feel man. I just got my wife an iPhone 4, but it's on 4.0.2, so now I end up spending more money on apps to keep her occupied while waiting for the next JB update.

Hilmi

ok just got the phone back up and i was able to SHSH to iphone4 4.0.2... now what?

Screw this.. I guess i am going to be stuck with 4.0.2...
    Last edited by Gobi; 2010-08-31 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1)Go to your host file and either put a '#' in front of the "74....." line or just remove it entirely. Restart PC (not sure if it's necessary, but I usually do it just in case)

2)Start the Tiny Umbrella program, and connect your iPhone to your PC.

3)Once detected, check the "Advanced Options" box and you will see that your ECID is reflected there. Now scroll the "Device/Version" to "iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306)" and click on "Save My SHSH". It will download your SHSH to your PC if you backed it up on Cydia previously.

If so, proceed to step 4 -

4) Click "Display SHSH", and you will see your device's ECID and the corresponding SHSH which has been saved to your PC

Now you're pretty much ready to downgrade to FW 4.0.1 using iTunes by putting your device in DFU mode, and clicking "Start TSS Server" on Tiny as this will route iTunes request for verification to the location where Tiny saved your SHSH on your PC.

Good luck!

Hilmi

Side note : Remember, this downgrade process will only work if you have your SHSH backed up on Saurik's servers. There is currently no way to downgrade an iPhone 4 without it, although there are some methods floating around the net on this. I know this cause I've tried most of them in my efforts to downgrade/jailbreak my wife's iPhone 4.

Hilmi
    Last edited by hilmi79; 2010-08-31 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

run tiny umbrella again now that phone is functioning and click advanced and change it to iPhone 4 4.0.1 and click save shsh's to retrieve your shsh's

nop i am screwed o well screw it...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast