Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3 --> 4.0.1

Default iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3 --> 4.0.1
    Hey, I was wondering if I'm completely screwed. I've been away from the JB scene for a while, and decided to upgrade after backing up my MXtube and emulator save files.

Unfortunately, I found that 4.0.2 is unjailbreakable. I tried the "swap out files" method (and then using it to upgrade) with no success.

Is there any way I can jailbreak my iPod before 4.1?

Thanks!

--I did download Umbrella now. I have my 3.1.3 shsh blobs backed up, but didn't use the new utility until now.
    Last edited by Timtacious; 2010-08-31 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

If Tinyumbrella says you have your shsh blobs on file for 3.1.3 then you should have them saved for all firmwares after that as well.

But at the very least you can downgrade back to 3.1.3 and jb it with jailbreakme.com
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

It says I have a pending TSS request (and has for a while). Any idea how long it will take for it to work? And will it then have my 4.0.1?

Also, I used Tinyumbrella last night, and when I went into advanced options, it appeared to have my ecid wrong (I used the ECID Grabber again just now). Do I need to re-save? It thought the ECID was 11 digits.

Thanks

If it says pending then you didn't save them in time, you must of just tried to save 3.1.3 correct? You have to save it while it is the current firmware and apple is still signing it.

So you have no way to jb until the 4.1 comes out.

I thought I read somewhere that the pending TSS request means that it should be getting it for me automatically -- is it too late now because 4.0.1 isn't being signed?

How do others get them saved automatically? Do they have to use Umbrella each time?

Thanks

Tinyumbrella has a option that says show saved shsh if you click that and it says you have the shsh blobs you are good to go.

But from what I gather from your post is that you just tried saving your shsh blobs last night. So that means it was not able to save them because only 4.0.2 is being signed now.

Once you have used tinyumbrella once it will automatically save any future shsh blobs for new released firmware for the Idevice which you used it with.

Alright. My other question was this:

Did my backups save properly if Umbrella had a different ECID in advanced settings than what the ecid grabber said it was?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timtacious View Post
    Alright. My other question was this:

Did my backups save properly if Umbrella had a different ECID in advanced settings than what the ecid grabber said it was?
    I don't have a answer for that. All I can say is run tu again and make sure your Idevice is connected and choose the right setup and save it again.