Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia SHSH on file questions

Arrow Cydia SHSH on file questions
    Hi All,

I recently jailbroke my 3.1.3 3GS, and selected "make my life easier" once cydia was installed. Prior to the jailbreak I used TinyUmbrella to save A 4.0.1 & 4.0.2 file. (You can't save the 3.1.3 any longer) BUT... when looking at the TinyUmbrella site today, I found Apple stopped signing the 4.0.1 on 8/19, when I didn't save until 8/27. SO, will the 4.0.1 not work properly if I restore/downgrade in the future? (i.e. is it not signed?)

On my phone, cydia shows I have a 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2 file available. I assume the 4.0 was saved when I clicked the make my life easier, as I didn't manually save one that I remember.

But... should cydia have saved my current 3.1.3 signed version I just did the jailbreak on?

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

You have exactly what Cydia shows, 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2.

Since you pressed "make my life easier all the way back during 4.0, Cydia has made sure to save SHSHs going forward for you automatically. That's why you have 4.0.1, because Cydia autosaved for you during the signing window.

But 3.1.3? No, as that signing window closed long ago, and you can't get what's not being signed.

Thanks Trooper Sam,

But, to clarify... my phone is currently 3.1.3, I have NEVER actually upgraded to newer versions. I saved my tinyumbrella versions on 8/27, and did my jailbreak on 8/28, pushing the "make my life easier" button then.

It seems like tinyumbrella also sent them to cydia as well as local saves by the log, which is why the 4.01 & 4.02 are there.

What do you think?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, TinyUmbrella, used properly, pulls the SHSHs through Cydia, so as to force Cydia to save them.

I can't speak as to your 4.0 being saved, as your timeline doesn't indicate when that could have happened. But the how isn't nearly as important as the fact that you do have it, which is good.

The fact that you've never run those firmware versions is meaningless. Blobs can be saved without ever having the firmware they're for installed.

But 3.1.3 is still out of the question...it's just been way too long since they've signed that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

knipper (2010-08-30)

Thumbs up Thanks!
    Thanks Trooper Sam!