Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to resynch Iphone if the Itunes library is lost

Default how to resynch Iphone if the Itunes library is lost
    I have Iphone 3GS jailbroken and unloked using BlackSn0w and BlackRa1n. Recenly my laptop crashed and i lost the Itunes library. My questions are

1) Is there any way we can re-synch up my phone with itunes without deleting the contents on my Iphone?
    2) secondly if we synch up and erase all the contents will all the jaibreak appilcations like Cydia and blackRa1n too would be removed from my Iphone and loose my unlock?

please clarify

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

i also have managed to screw my laptop u and need to know if its possible to sync whats on my iphone back to itunes...

Syncing to itunes however will NOT remove JB apps or the unlock... only if your stupid enough to allow it to update.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Before you connect to Itunes make sure you have the auto sync turned off. Then authorize that account to your username, once you connect right click your iphone on the left side of the screen and choose transfer purchases.

That should take care of all your apps an I think your media also. As far as pictures go just download them to your pc then resync them. Im not sure about doing your contacts if the transfer purchases will work for that or not. If you can, call apple support and ask them. I had to do that when mine crashed, they did have answers though.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter