Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G reboot cycle while attempting a restore.

Unhappy iPhone 2G reboot cycle while attempting a restore.
    Hello everyone,

I have been frustrated with this iPhone, i got it for my little brother for a decent price, it was jailbroken on 3.1 (i believe), froze a lot, so i though it would be a good idea to restore/update it.

I downloaded the 3.1.3 software through iTunes, tried to restore and it hang up for a while a little before the end...i did a bad step by unplugging the phone, the restore bar went back and it reboot.

The problem:

The phone keeps on restarting everytime i try to restore through iTunes, sometimes half way while iTunes is extracting the backup or preparing the iPhone for the restore, reboots and goes back to the iTunes restore page (iTunes logo - cable).

I can't put it in DFU mode because when i attempt pushing on the home and sleep button, the apple logo shows up right away.

I tried restoring by 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 downloaded online and i am getting different errors all the time.

Could the phone be possibly bricked? any help?

thanks a lot and i wish i could start off with a constructive post.

You can put it in DFU mode, hold the power button for about 5 second, the power and home for 10-15, then let go of power for about 10, then the device should be blank and not be able to do anything.

Make sure itunbes in completely updated and download 3.1.3 from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download (make sure to get the right one)

Shift-restore to the 3.1.3 you downloaded and set up as a new device when finished. Let me know if this works.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to brick an iphone unless it's a hardware problem.