Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak 3gs w/3.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbreak 3gs w/3.1
    hi i am trying to figure out how to jailbreak my 3gs thats running version 3.1(7c144). jailbreakme.com says version to old anyone else have idea how to do this?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Wow I cant even remember that far back what the JB for 3.1 is for a 3GS. Do you happen to have your SHSHs for 3.1.x or 4.0/1? Cuz thats easier to JB nowadays.

If you have a mac you can try PwnageTool.

I think Redsn0w (forgot which version tho) will do it or Purplera1n if you dont have your SHSHs to upgrade to at least 3.1.x or 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what is and how do i get the SHSH. I do have a Mac, can someone please give me extactly how to do this, my iphone 4 is the first phone i have ever jailbroke so i have no idea what i am doing and my wife wants her 3gs jail broke so if i can get some help i would really appreciate it.

Open cydia and it will say something about SHSH files. Check which ones you have saved and you will be able to upgrade to that version. (you will want either 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, or 4.0.1 only) Then you will need to download tinyumbrella. Open it and start TSS server, then when you open itunes you can option-click restore and select the firmware you need downloaded from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download.