Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help! Serious and Direct answers! Blackra1n stuck on Geohot

Default Please help! Serious and Direct answers! Blackra1n stuck on Geohot
    So yeah, restarted my phone today, then when I used blackra1n like always it got stuck! It's on that Geohot screen recycling, there's a white loading thing in the middle.
    Running iPhone 3GS 3.1.2.

Any suggestion?
    I don't care about the data on my iPhone or whatever, I just want it to work and still have Cydia. But it would also be lovely if I can keep all my contact list, etc.
    Should I restore it to 4.0.2? Or what? Help?

Thanks

if you synced with iTunes you should have your contacts, etc., if it's a new bootrom phone do you have shsh's on file with cydia, if so you can use this guide to restore back to whichever firmware you have them for, if not and your phone is a new bootrom phone your only choice will be to restore to 4.0.2 for which there is no jailbreak, if it's an old bootrom phone you can load a custom firmware using the guide for either pwnagetool (Mac) or sn0wbreeze (pc)

iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS Using a Cydia Saved SHSH [Windows]

iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS Using a Cydia Saved SHSH [Mac]

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-08-29 at 08:30 PM.

Awesome. Thanks.
    But what do you mean by new bootrom? Meaning my iPhone had a previous jailbreak before? Cause I got my iPhone 3.1.2 when I got it and did blackra1n.
    So im assuming the only option is to restore to 4.0.2. What will happen if I do? Will I still be able to use my phone and have cydia?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

New bootrom is the boot the phone came with (depends on when the phone was made).

You can check your bootrom by going here

modmyi.com/forums/general/688455-how-find-out-bootrom-version.html

Fourth post down on first page. 359.3 is old boot, 359.3.2 is new boot

Edit: you could also look at your serial number but I forgot how to do that :P
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-30 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost