Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: settings -> restore -> bad idea!

Default settings -> restore -> bad idea!
    Hi Guys

Hope you can help. I had my iphone 3gs on os 4.0.1 and jailbroke it using JailbreakMe. first thing i did was agree to 'making my life easier' on cydia.

I wanted to reset my phone so i made the stupid mistake of going to 'settings->reset all content and settings' which i later read should never be done on a jailbroken phone.

Now my phone wont go past the apple logo. I dont want to update to 4.0.2. I tried loading up tinyumbrella but cant get it to connect to my device.

Please advise on what my options are.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You have to run tiny umbrella as administrator for it to detect your device

yep. I ran it as administrator but still nothing. Does the phone have to be on? cause mine wont get past the apple logo. It also doesn't recognize when im in DFU mode

i also tried changing my host file to 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com and restoring my 3gs to a 4.0.1 ipsw but i still get error 3194 in itunes
    Last edited by wacind; 2010-08-29 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks

Ya the phone has to be on and booted properly. You have two options, you can restore to 4.0.2 to see if you have SHSH and if you do you can downgrade after that. Or you can put your device in dfu mode and get your ECID and type it in manually in tiny umbrella to check, you can see how to do that here Grab and get Signed your ECID for iPhone 3GS OS 3.1 | iPhone 3G S

cool thanks!

So i tried you second suggestion. i was able to get my SHSH file. TinyUmbrella told me i needed "iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)" which i downloaded.
    I started up the TSS server and proceeded to restore my iphone in itunes. but it still gave me error 3194. I'm not sure if im missing a step here?

Thanks

You can see here for a full guide on how to do it, troubleshooting is at the bottom: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

wacind (2010-08-29)