Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Second Time!! Stupid Iphone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Second Time!! Stupid Iphone!
    Right, Once again, i changed something on my jailbroken iphone 3g, and now it wont turn on...

basically, i went into the phone by connecting to winscp, to delete an app i didnt want. did this perfectly fine, pressed the home button and power button to reboot the phone, and it stuck.... it now wont go past the start up screen with the apple logo. what do i do??

this happened before, whilst restarting from a complete reboot of the phone.. where i cleared everything off to start from scratch, so here i was lucky as the jailbreak got wiped off in the process, so when it got stuck at the first screen i happily took it back to get it replaced by apple under the warrenty.

this time, the phone is stuck and still jailbroken, so if i were to take it back, apple would do nothing to help.
    itunes wont even recognise my iphone is plugged in, so i cant do a restore!

anybody came across anything similar, any tips or ideas would be really appreciated!!

Thanks

Thanks

Stop deleting the app....just hide it with sbsettings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes i kinda figured that one, but now its a bit too late for that, since my iphone wont even go past the start screen.....

THANKS...................

Thanks

Restore it ,what app did u delete? It's crazy for it to do that

Turn it off, press the home button and plug it In without letting go home...and if that don't work, just take it to apple...even if it's jail broken...if you can't connect via USB and it doesn't start up, neither can they...so they probably restore it...
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-08-29 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant restore it, itunes wont even connect to the phone. it does nothing, other than stay on the logo screen for a few minutes, turn off, and start the process again....

im a bit unsure about taking it back again, whilst being jailbroken. surely theres some way they'd tell if it was jailbroken or not? they are the 'experts'

Thanks

No...I work in soho apple store in NYC for a month now....trust me...if they can't get past the logo, they have to try and restore....if they cant restore, then it's a swap...only reason they will deny a swap is if has damage

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, i'll take your word for it then... no damage to the phone whatsoever, not even so much as a scratch... this is a brand new phone, only had it back about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Before you bring it back just make sure that it doesn't go past the apple logo....everyone that is in the genius bar iPhone part aren't trained professionals , they just follow a simple procedure which goes like this: hear what the problem is, is phone damaged, check water marks, if phone is on check for jail broken status, if phone desnt turn on retore and run diagn. If phone can't restore, heck serial for warranty , if warranty valid swap..if not $$$$$$$$$