Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tomtom on 3g without activation

Default tomtom on 3g without activation
    hey guys, earlier today i jailbroke my moms iphone 3gs. then later on put tomtom app on it. works perfectly. my question is this. i plan on purchasing an iphone 3g 8gb most likely from ebay, if not locally. i wont be able to activate the iphone on a plan for a few months. would the tomtom app work on the 3g without activation? if not, what about the 3gs?

also, i was wondering what all can you do on an iphone that isnt activated? or what CANT you do? whichever is a shorter list.
    Last edited by s0mer4ndom1diot; 2010-08-29 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you messed up on getting any possible help where all the bold spots are..... i will even cap them.... well i will just do everything i can do to make it stand out.....

Quote Originally Posted by s0mer4ndom1diot View Post
    hey guys, earlier today i jailbroke my moms iphone 3gs, installed appsync, then put tomtom v1.4.1 on it that i got from PIRATEBAY. works perfectly. my question is this. i plan on purchasing an iphone 3g 8gb most likely from ebay, if not locally. i wont be able to activate the iphone on a plan for a few months. would the tomtom app work on the 3g without activation? if not, what about the 3gs?

also, i was wondering what all can you do on an iphone that isnt activated? or what CANT you do? whichever is a shorter list.
    i really hope that was clear.... if not, Mods come next.... good day

maybe you should stop being such an *** and post a link to some rules. you put it in caps then make that "hope that was clear" statement. go **** yourself buddy. sorry mods.

Thanks

you probably need to edit your post to remove the parts that dragon pointed out or the mods will probably close your thread, here is the link you asked for to the forum rules Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com - Forum Rules

took out my moms sim card, turned wifi off, and start walking down the street. it updated my movement and all that good stuff. so im guessing if the phone has been previously activated, it should work. and like i said my plan is to buy an iphone from ebay, which most are already activated. so i guess i answered my own question. and thanks for the rules post.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s0mer4ndom1diot View Post
    maybe you should stop being such an *** and post a link to some rules. you put it in caps then make that "hope that was clear" statement. go **** yourself buddy. sorry mods.
    No offense but reading forum rules should probably be the first thing you do before posting. It isnt anybody else's responsibility to guide you to it. He did approach it rudely and obnoxiously to you, that I agree with. Im glad you understood and hopefully you read the rest of the rules.

Buying the app is probably a nicer thing to do, you know, giving to the developer. Just like you wouldnt steal a GPS from Wal-Mart, would ya? Have a good day.