Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help!

Unhappy Please help!
    i have an iPhone 3GS, was on a tethered jailbreak on 3.1.2 due to me being too lazy to upgrade, i was on holiday and it crashed and turned off so i thought "when i get back ill just run blackra1n and it'll be fine" BUT then i got home and did this, it was stuck on geohots face for 30 mins, then turned off again and went into revery mode, where it stayed while i tryed to restore it with itunes, but now i get now repsonse from the phone at all, no recovery mode icon, only the plug in noise from pc and everytime i try to restore it itunes says "device is not eligable" WHAT CAN I DO PLEASEEEEEEEEEE ?!?!!
    also is there anyway or retreiving my lost photos and videos as my holiday snaps were pretty good ?

i'll love you all forever if you can help me, i might even make you a gift and send it to you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Are your SHSH blobs backed up in Cydia? When you opened Cydia last did it say "This deveice has SHSH's on file for firmwares 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1" in green letters at the top?

its says "3.1.2, 3.1.3" yeah why ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple has stopped allowing people to restore to any firmware except 4.0.2. If you have your SHSH blobs backed up in Cydia you can change your host file and Cydia will authorize you to restore to a lower firmware.

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

i kind of knew that, they did that with 3.1.3 didnt they ?

everytime i try to restore though, it says "the iphone update server could not be contacted"
    will that link still help me ?

still doesnt work ?!
    Last edited by HopkinsXD; 2010-08-29 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You edited your host file correctly?

it was stuck on geohots face for 30 mins
    Who doesn't want that? lol.

It does sound like to edited something wrong. There could be a few things you're doing wrong, try checking out this thread.