Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: my 3G iPhone got bricked

Default Help: my 3G iPhone got bricked
    Hi!

Last night i log into the app store and i saw i had 2 apps upgrades... When i pressed "upgrade" and the usual proccess started (dowload, install...) my iPhone got bricked. The iphone is a 3G with 3.1.3 and is was jailbreaked a long time ago

All i can see is this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IijPI8G1dY4]YouTube - P1110274[/ame]

apple log, then a light, then the screen is off, then again apple logo and so on

Help please!

any help?

Cīmmon people, give me some kind of clue please!

Quote Originally Posted by granmah View Post
    Hi!

Last night i log into the app store and i saw i had 2 apps upgrades... When i pressed "upgrade" and the usual proccess started (dowload, install...) my iPhone got bricked. The iphone is a 3G with 3.1.3 and is was jailbreaked a long time ago

All i can see is this:

YouTube - P1110274

apple log, then a light, then the screen is off, then again apple logo and so on

Help please!

any help?

Last edited by granmah; 2010-08-28 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

keep holding down home button and pressing power button in for 5 - 10 seconds. after a few moments it should jump to a DFU mode.
    i've been in that situation a few times. this method worked every time tho. and still got my little 2g to this day..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Default help!
    Well, i searched and searched on the web... i came to the conclusion i have to restore the firmware which is 3.1.3. I tried it but i always get error 9 and nothing happens....
    Help people!

hepl peolpe please
    Last edited by granmah; 2010-08-28 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same problem but I donīt remember how I fixed it, try to get into DFU mode or Restore mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    I had the same problem but I donīt remember how I fixed it, try to get into DFU mode or Restore mode.
    I did that but all i get is the "error 9"
    I tried everything i found on the net, even restore it using tiny umbrella (cause i pressed the make my life easy on cydia like a week ago), but nothing works.... All i get is the stupid error 9, which i think is something apple is doing in order to avoid people for jailbroken their iphones, iīm sure is not a hardware problem (i read some people thinks error 9 is a hardware problem...)
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks!
    G.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Restart your comp and switch USB ports during the restart. Set into DFU or Recovery and try again to restore.

If that fails, try a custom fw and see what happens.

I tried it several times and it didnt work.... I will keep trying it later
    Please, if somebody can help with this i would really appreciate
    Thanks
    G.

Anybody had been in the same situation and have a solution?
    Last edited by granmah; 2010-08-29 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does the error appear at the end of the restore or before it begins.

at the end

I have to say that i pressed the "make my like easier" button on cydia like a week ago, I tried to restore from tiny umbrella but error 9 persists.... I dont know if iīm doing something wrong
    Will my iphone be bricked 4 ever?
    Iīm sure is not a hardware problem, the phone is in mind condition, the pinnaple came when i was upgrating 2 apps from the apple store.---
    Last edited by granmah; 2010-08-30 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you won't know fir sure if you have your SHSHes tinyumbrella should tell you, somewhere.

Check to see which you have and download the proper firmware.