Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH Help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SHSH Help
    I jail broke my iPhone 4 a few days ago. I was successful up to the reboot. I opened the Cydia App and updated it. Then at the reboot prompt I got the Apple symbol. I put the phone in DFU mode and restored it but had to install iOS 4.0.2. My question is this, when I updated Cydia did I save my SHSH files? If so, how do I go about retrieving them? Thanks in advance!

If you jailbroke it while 4.0.2 was available, then no 4.0.1 blobs were not saved...

You can double check with TinyUmbrella though

Quick question though, why did you put the phone in DFU mode and restore it? you just updated the base structure of cydia, and a simple reboot would have been sufficient.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I hit reboot, the phone locked up with the apple symbol. I hit the home and power buttons several times and got no response. I figured that was the best way to restore it. Was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by F450Mikey View Post
    When I hit reboot, the phone locked up with the apple symbol. I hit the home and power buttons several times and got no response. I figured that was the best way to restore it. Was I wrong?
    Sometimes the first restart post jailbreak takes a while, i've seen up to 10 minutes... I would have waited it out....

Either way, no point in crying over spilled milk, just check to see if you had your shsh blobs saved in time, if not then your SOL for a while.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Sometimes the first restart post jailbreak takes a while, i've seen up to 10 minutes... I would have waited it out....

Either way, no point in crying over spilled milk, just check to see if you had your shsh blobs saved in time, if not then your SOL for a while.
    Rats, now you tell me! I just downloaded umbrella and saved both my SHSH files from my iPad on 3.2.1 and iPhone on 4.0.2 for the future.

I guess I have to wait for 4.1.

Thanks!

I was able to downgrade my ipod touch from 4.0.2 with no shsh blobs, i explain how to do it briefly in this thread, if you try it let me know if it works http://modmyi.com/forums/general/726...ml#post5423367.