Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak password threat!

Default Jailbreak password threat!
    Hey guys, I have recently jailbroken my iphone 3GS using jailbreakme 2.0 on os4.0.1

And after a great many jailbreak apps (including lock info, sbsettings, instal lous, fast snap etc)

Now almost everytime I enter a PASSWORD on my phone, I get "BLACK SQUARES" instead of the usual "BLACK CIRCLES"

It's the weirdest thing! I think it happened after I installed some apps through instal lous, but it might just be me being paranoid, does anyone recognise this, and does it mean all my passwords are compromised now? How do I locate the culprit and fix it?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Could it be a theme?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Bugsy1 (2010-08-28)

Hmm I don't think so, I have mp2 theme installed since the day jailbroke, but the black squares are only present lately. I've since uninstalled instal lous and all the apps I installed from there and aslo uninstalled open ssh, which at that time i had used a personal password for, do you think im safe? Has anyone noticed this phenomenon? Black sqares instead of circles for passwords, throughout the phone, not just in safari but also apps and system
    Apps like my email etc..

Hey turns out it was my theme.. Hehehe :s duhhh...