Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Viewing Files on iPhone while in DFU or Recovery mode?

Default Viewing Files on iPhone while in DFU or Recovery mode?
    I was jailbreaking my 4.0.1 iphone 4 through JailbreakMe When finished jailbreaking I was searching for the Cydia app on my phone and couldnt find it. I restarted my phone thinking it will solve the problem and now it will not get passed the apple logo.

I DO NOT HAVE SHSH to restore

I was trying to do this method Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Boot Logo Every Reboot | iPhone 3G S

but iPhoneBrowser cannot find my phone.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !
    Last edited by purpl3citywriter; 2010-08-27 at 08:18 PM.

without the SHSH saved, the only thing you can do is restore it to 4.0.2 and wait for a new jailbreak to come out

What I want to know is how to view files on the iphone in recovery or DFU mode.

you wont be able too, not in recovery or DFU mode.

what you might be able to do, is restart the phone like normal(not in dfu or recovery). While its stuck at the boot logo, try the iPhoneBrowser on your computer. If it doesn't work on your computer, try it on a different one.

Alright Im gonna try that now. Thats all i need to be able to access the files in the phone so i can change something.

still nothing...
    Last edited by purpl3citywriter; 2010-08-29 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nothing you can do, ur screwed, files are gone

There are tools to kick a device out of recovery mode. Have you tried tinyumbrella. Some say that it only works on 32 bit OSes

there has to be a way to access the root Files

The method you mentioned won't work anyway, ive tried it. It won't fix the boot